Stand by your beds!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Marks

Stand by your beds!

Post by Marks »

Enquiries will peak at 8pm tonight according to the Daily Mail therefore it must be true

http://goo.gl/FrqO9Z
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

:D :D :D we shall see!
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well I want a lot more before I peak then; I've only had 2 since Christmas! :cry:

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

7 Aspire wrote:My web site's Google Analytics shows my daily footfall has increased 100% since 26th - up from a daily average of 6 to just over 12.

My AB stats shows listing visits up from an average of 5 a day prior to Christmas, to an average of 16 a day in the last 4 days.

My HL stats shows listing visits up from an average 1 a day prior to Christmas, to an average of just under 4 a day in the last 4 days.

They might not be booking en masse yet, but potential guests are certainly looking!
Sounds promising and in the right direction! I haven't checked my web visits yet but one of my two enquiries has just turned into a confirmed booking for October school half term. :D I'm looking forward to tonight.......
PW in Polemi

Re: Stand by your beds!

Post by PW in Polemi »

Marks wrote:Enquiries will peak at 8pm tonight according to the Daily Mail therefore it must be true
and according to the Torygraph too :D so it's definitely true :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've had three enquiries for New Year still despite me stating it's fully booked on the advert where they've seen it. Couple of other enquiries, one definite booking and website hits have trebled. It's happening.....it really is. :wink:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

A couple of bookings today, but experience suggests that the notion of a mad January rush to book in the UK, from guests based in the UK, is now an ancient myth - although I'm sure that varies with the type of area and holiday (eg beach resort). No airline tickets to book in advance at a cheap rate, so why rush? (Because you'll miss out on the best places, that's why. Ah, but we'll pick up last minute bargains won't we? :roll: )

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what booking patterns we get this year, which will no doubt be different from last year's, which was different from the previous year, which was........

I'm getting lots more website hits until I factor out the huge quantity of referral spam that's currently plaguing websites, but still a definite increase in genuine visits from UK humans.

Fingers crossed all round - let's hope it turns out to be a good year, and early bookings would be a lovely bonus! :D
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

It really is happening! Two calls so far this evening and one has paid up for a two week booking. The other one wanted dates already booked but is considering changing her dates.....

I packed in early, lit a fire, closed the curtains and have settled down for the evening with chocolate. I'm more excited than a child on Christmas eve full of anticipation....... :D
CSE

Post by CSE »

According to the Spanish TV news this morning It seems all the hotels on the Canary Islands are of Nordics. The English are being left behind.
With Spanish Google news not in the air found it difficult to find the right bit of news these days. Flipping back ward looking laws.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Susie jane, where is the like button!! though I only have one enquiry who wants to bring a rabbit with a cage....... :lol:
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

ive had 2 enquiries overnight both for changeover days we don't do. Last year I went to Monday and Friday changeovers and turned away people who couldn't do that. It was scary but in the end we were almost fully booked throughout the year in both places so I'm holding my nerve and have told both we cant do it unless they have flexibility with their days. We shall see.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well it seems I peaked too early..... The rest of the evening fizzled out to nothing, but got up to an enquiry this morning. Did anyone out there peak last night? But the Daily Mail said.....
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

We just don't seem to get this rush at Christmas. We did get an enquiry a couple of days ago which converted to a 4 week booking for all of April. Have seen the number of hits on HL up over the last few days.

OD looks much worse with 164 hits last December and only 84 this year (unless we get a great number of hits before midnight). Makes me wonder if OD has been impacted by the bad press over the last few months.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Susie Jane wrote: Did anyone out there peak last night? But the Daily Mail said.....

:shock:

I feel a strongly worded letter to the Editor of The Daily Mail is in order; I find it offensive that they should be publicly speculating as to whether I peaked last night.
Bah.