other exchange sites

Swap weeks with your fellow rental owners - stay for free anywhere in the world.<br>
RP

other exchange sites

Post by RP »

Hi
Are we allowed to discuss using other exchange sites on here

If so can anyone recommend any

Thanks
Badger

Post by Badger »

I use www.homebase-hols.com and had around 6 successful exchanges with them.
Think it only costs around £30 to join as well,so I can recommend them
RP

Post by RP »

Thanks for that not sure if that ones for me

Anyone tried http://www.lovehomeswap.com they have a point system that might help to get a better exchange
Badger

Post by Badger »

Pryces wrote:Thanks for that not sure if that ones for me

Anyone tried http://www.lovehomeswap.com they have a point system that might help to get a better exchange
?? You would only consider an exchange on the site I recommended if it was of the equal quality of the one you own, you can refuse any exchange you dont fancy, obviously, so a points system would perhaps overly complicate things.
RP

Post by RP »

Hi
I appreciate the suggestion its just that I thought the swap I want might be unlikely.
A 6 bed house sleeps 12 in Barmouth for a sleeps 5 in New York next November.
So I thought I may be best off accumulating points for a trade, I may be wrong, home exchange is new to me.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm registered with www.exchangeholidayhomes.com It's worked successfully for other owners I know. My accommodation is at the lower end of the market so less desirable and I find you only get enquiries if you keep live dates on there. If you're interested they used to have a referral scheme although I don't know if they still do. Send me a pm if so.
RP

Post by RP »

Thanks Nemo

I didn't see any exchanges in New York, that's the area I have in mind at the moment
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes New York is less likely to have holiday lets for exchange but would have peoples homes.
RP

Post by RP »

Thanks, yes I noticed I joined home exchange because of a free two week trial and apparently they are the biggest, lots of home exchanges like you say.
I think I need to keep looking
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Weve used HomeForExchange several times quite successfully. We were also with Exchange Holiday Homes, but were continually pestered to swap (for points) weeks that were high season despite telling them several times that the properties were only available for swaps out of season.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I don't understand the points system. How does it work? Why can't you just say "I have this place which is broadly comparable with yours - how do you feel about a swap?"
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The site I'm on is for holiday homes only. Some people own large properties but only need smaller places when they go away. Some are restricted to school holiday travel, some can go any time year. Some want weeks, some short breaks. You get the picture. From these perspectives, a points system works really well.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Doesn't really explain how it works though Nemo. I had thought that the home exchange thing tended to be based on 'I stay at your place this week/fortnight while you stay at mine the same time' but from what you're saying it doesn't work like that. Where do points come into the equation and how are they earned?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

With the points system you earn them by allowing guests in yours and you earn different amounts for the varying lengths of stay or time of year. So say you let someone stay for a peak week. That may earn you enough points to have two short stays somewhere of your choice, but in all likelihood that's unlikely to be staying in the persons property who stayed in yours. The points mean neither of you are tied at all to how/when you earn them and how/where you spend them.

Have a read of their FAQs as that may make more sense! http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com/faq.htm
RP

Post by RP »

Hi
It does look a good system, I don't understand how they can sell points unless they buy them from home owners.
Who pays for the cleaning and linen wash ?