PIMS and WordPress

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
sunnyjaney

PIMS and WordPress

Post by sunnyjaney »

Hi, I just recently joined the forum and this is my first post. I suspect this question will demonstrate my level of technology ignorance - but can someone tell me if the PIMS software I see mentioned here quite a bit is compatible with a Wordpress site. I have just hired someone to build my site and I am trying to decide the features I would like to include.

I told him to build the site in WordPress because I am a little familiar with wordpress - at least enough to make simple changes myself.

thanks in advance
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Hi and welcome to LMH. I built our current website using Wordpress and integrate all the PIMS functionality within it, including enquiry forms, online reservations and card payments.
You can also regard PIMS as separate from your website - once you get an enquiry, you can log it in PIMS and manage it from there, but if you have a PIMS enquiry form embedded in your website and the guest uses it, everything is immediately logged - much less work!
Embedding the PIMS availability calendar in your Wordpress website is very straightforward, and definitely the way to go.
HTH
welshfred

Post by welshfred »

Hi, we are also in the process of setting up our website and have just subscribed to PIMS. We used Wordpress.com to host our Wordpress site and we couldn't embed the PIMS calendar as they don't allow you to embed other pages in your site. However, if Wordpress is hosted with someone else I think it should be fine. Good luck!
sunnyjaney

Post by sunnyjaney »

fantastic - thanks for the replies. That helps me a lot in deciding which way to go forward.

I hope I am able to contribute something of value to this amazing forum. The more I look through the different threads, the more impressed I am.
Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Yes, another wordpress site with PIMS functionality (calendar and booking forms) embedded.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Another user with PIMS embedded in my Wordpress (org) site. The initial contact form and calendar currently and eventually I'll self host the booking form too.

It's such a time saver having the forms pre filled by the guest!

BTW if you're signing up with PIMS don't forget to ask one of us users for a referral code to benefit us both. :)