Top Vacation Rental Software Products

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pjmatos

Top Vacation Rental Software Products

Post by pjmatos »

I had knowledge today of this listing with Vacation Rental Software, including reviews:
http://www.capterra.com/vacation-rental-software/

Strangely I do not see here included some of the most mentioned programs in this forum, such as PIMS or FreeToBook.

Is this listing worth something?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Its a bizarre state of affairs that rental software does not cross the pond very readily.

PIMS and a large number of similar products on offer over here do not feature in that list above of almost exclusively North American built products geared very much for the US market place.

US products have very good features for managing local, state, city and any number of other taxes. EU products typically manage multi-currencies and multi-lingual features better, but the real distinction is:

Which products take enquiries and which products take inquiries ? :wink:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

e-richard wrote:...but the real distinction is:

Which products take enquiries and which products take inquiries ? :wink:
:lol:
pjmatos

Post by pjmatos »

Thanks, Richard.

I must say that your first and last sentence were not easy to understand at first.
Sometimes this forum can be difficult for non-native English speakers. :roll:

Is there any similar list most adequate for taking enquires? :D

If not, maybe we can start one here:

PIMS
www.holidayrentalmanagement.com

Freetobook
www.freetobook.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

pjmatos - the difference between the two words is simply the American and English spelling of the word, but you've probably guessed that now. Not easy when it's not your native language!
Essar

Post by Essar »

I have made several inquiries into the meanings of the two words; my enquiries have come up with the Oxford English dictionaries definition:-

The traditional distinction between the verbs enquire and inquire is that enquire is to be used for general senses of ‘ask’, while inquire is reserved for uses meaning ‘make a formal investigation’.

In practice, however, enquire, and the associated noun enquiry, are more common in British English while inquire (and the noun inquiry) are more common in US English, but otherwise there is little discernible distinction in the way the words are used. Some style guides require that only inquire or only enquire be used.

Could I enquire about your mother's health?
She inquired about the library's rare books collection.
Every enquiry is very welcome.
Adam helped the police with their inquiries.

Both words derive from the Old French enquerre, from a variant of the Latin inquirere, based on quaerere 'seek'. The same root word can be seen in various modern English words, including acquire, require, conquer, quest, request, inquest, and question.

So, there you have it!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

pjmatos wrote:Thanks, Richard.

I must say that your first and last sentence were not easy to understand at first.
Sometimes this forum can be difficult for non-native English speakers.
I do apologise. Having re-read my post, I clearly see what you mean.
In my defence, I have to say that your written English is so good, we easily forget that its not your native language :oops:

There are quite a number of other systems around. Some were suggested and discussed here, but I suspect a good search through this website may well uncover more.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !