Geopolitics and rental inquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
NonnaGiulietta

Geopolitics and rental inquiries

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

I had a curious thought while evaluating this inquiry from Belfast. Not part of the fundamentals of life I suppose, yet I began to think seriously about it. What is Belfast, Northern Ireland, Ulster or UK? Yes I know, it's UK, but I'm saying from the POV of guest's desideratum.

It happens that I have to fill out a rental agreement to meet the Italian law, which is useless except for tax reasons, or in the undesirable event of a legal dispute. Well, what should I write in the address entry, not to offend the sensibility of the guest (which is for me more important than the f***ing bureaucratic precepts) especially when he|she wrote Northern Ireland in the web form?

And similarly, how to consider a hypothetical inquiry from Stanley, UK or Argentina? I mean, in case the guest itself specifies Malvinas?

And from South Ossetia?
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Belfast, Northern Ireland. You really don't have to extend into 'UK' any more than adding 'Northern Europe, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth' surely? Even Italian law could not find fault with identifying Belfast as being the defined entity of Northern Ireland.
RichardHenshall

Re: Geopolitics and rental inquiries

Post by RichardHenshall »

I'm too offended by the supposition that we're not part of the fundamentals of life to answer properly. :wink: :D

I live in Belfast.
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

Your reply is shaped on logic and wisdom Casscat, but it opens more questions than it solves. Should I therefore use Victoria or Queensland, instead of Australia? Or Maine or California instead of USA? You're right, for the purposes of the agreement it's not capital to be so detailed. To tell the truth, I took shelter behind the Italian law just to give a semblance of seriousness to my question, in that the real reason was even more silly. Now that I have been exposed, I can reveal that my only interest was to come to a consistent criterion for my statistics.

There, I said it! Mine was not much an epistemological research, just fun :D

And Richard, don't be offended. You are part of life, mine at least, because what has left scars in your flesh also has marked our consciences when I was a teenager. God bless you.

Thanks for both your answers, and also thanks to those who will still try to help me solve my Ariadne's thread.
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
Essar

Post by Essar »

'kin 'ell 8)
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
other

Post by other »

. .
Last edited by other on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Essar wrote:'kin 'ell 8)

+10 :roll: