sunday changeover

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
pujols

sunday changeover

Post by pujols »

I have been asked for sunday changeover during the main season.
What happens to the rest of the week?
A 6 DAY period without income?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It's the guests prerogative to ask, and yours to refuse if the dates don't work for you?
Marks

Post by Marks »

Tell them you have to charge for a full week or they can leave on the Saturday.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

pujols wrote:I have been asked for sunday changeover during the main season.
What happens to the rest of the week?
A 6 DAY period without income?
I'm not sure what point you're making - particularly as you're a B&B and seem to have a per night tarrif. :?

http://www.closdessaveurs.com/index.php?q=tariff.html

There is - as Nemo says - no reason why someone can't ask for an extra day (if they are prepared to pay) and no reason why you can't say no.

If you're asking what the guests think you're going to do with a 6 day let when you only do Saturday to Saturday... well, the guests just want dates that fit with their dates, they're not interested in a lesson in business models.

If you don't want to accommodate them for the extra night, suggest somewhere locally which is equal in standards to your property.

But I may be missing the point you're trying to make. It happens.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

If you're a 'hybrid' property, e.g. part of the year you're weekly let and the rest of the time you're B&B, then I'm afraid these sort of requests come with the territory. However frustrating it is, it's not the enquirer's fault that they don't know your business model and I wouldn't risk annoying them.

We have the same issue and have had nigh on 100 requests for 1-3 night's B&B during peak ski weeks since Christmas. We do state which weeks are weekly let only on the B&B website that we advertise on (as opposed to Owner's Direct where we only advertise the weekly let option), but people never get that far, so I just politely respond that we're fully booked for that particular night, even when a weekly let is not yet confirmed. At the very least, it makes us look like a popular place to stay.
Cas & Irene

Post by Cas & Irene »

We have also a “hybrid property” (sounds nice :) ). We close the calendar from half June till half September for B&B bookings. If we get B&B enquiries for that period we place them on a waiting list till the 1st of May.
A few days before the 1st of May we send them an email if they still are interested to book. Most of them makes than the booking and we give them a glass of Cava and some tapas upon arrival for their patience to book.

On the 1st of May we open de calendar for the B&B bookings.

On this way we avoid that a single B&B booking blocks a weekend for a Self-Catering booking. After the 1st of May, when the calendar is open we try to fill the gaps between de Self-Catering bookings with B&B bookings. Maybe you can use this?
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We get asked for all sorts of odd arrival days and lengths of stays because we show as 'flexible' changeover day on HL. Truth is we can be flexible on week days but we can't usually do weekend changeovers.

I usually price as if the changeover was the nearest weekday so a 7 night stay could be priced as 'from 7 to 10 nights' if it crosses two weekends. Sometimes they do decide to arrive earlier or leave later and make full use of the time. Other times I never hear from them again.

If it's a peak week and I know I'll get normal 7 night bookings then I just say it's not available for those dates.

If they complain about the high price then I do try to explain but I can just imagine them glazing over at the other end.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth