It is so very old and ancient

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
rivonia

It is so very old and ancient

Post by rivonia »

Please forgive the headline.

However browsing throught this "Lay My Hat" site I find there are very very few upto date items. it is all late dated.

Why is that is no one using the site?
All things are possible
falbayview

Post by falbayview »

well i visit nearly every day and there's always nearly a full page of posts made since my last visit, plus there are some very active members... sorry bud but i don't really see your point :?
rivonia

Post by rivonia »

Well the page is NOT full in fact the dates are old. Please take a look.
All things are possible
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

falbayview wrote:well i visit nearly every day and there's always nearly a full page of posts made since my last visit, plus there are some very active members... sorry bud but i don't really see your point :?
Me too, this is a VERY active forum!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Rivonia, are you referring specifically to activity and topics in the Greece and Rest of the World (Cyprus) forums? And do you own a rental property of your own or are you looking to buy? Rent? You asked for a list of rental properties in Cyprus in a different topic and I'm wondering if you think this is a site - like ownersdirect.com - on which you can view properties to rent in Cyprus. If I'm right... you can't!

Lay My Hat is for independent holiday property owners worldwide to discuss / look for advice on the challenges of our profession. Ask a question and we can offer advice (as Tavi did in an early response to you) but if you are looking for a list of properties to rent on LMH, you won't find one. It's not the purpose of this site.

If you do own / manage a holiday property (or want to find one) then yes, you're right, there's not a lot relating to Cyprus but that just means that there are not many LMH members with properties in Greece or Cyprus. Not a lot we can do about that.

However, if someone is a holiday property owner / manager in the UK, France, Spain, Australia, America... well, we all face similar problems such as increasing bookings, where to advertise, managing difficult (and nice!) customers, when to raise prices, etc, and those challenges is what keeps this forum very busy!

Tell us who you are (prospective purchaser / owner / manager or someone who wants to rent a property in Cyprus for a holiday) and we can try and help. For instance, this link to the Owners Direct website will give you a list of villas for rent in Cyprus. Is that what you're looking for?

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/cyprus.htm
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Its a very active forum with many new posts each day.
Within each section there are some sticky threads pinned to the top of the list for easy reference and these can have old dates/posts, but below them you can find the new active stuff.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Good point about the dates of the Stickies, Dotty.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm getting the feeling that rivonia is looking for a listings site and not a forum. I could be wrong, but most owners don't only refer to the page for the location of their rental.
teba18

Post by teba18 »

No idea what rivonia is talking about but he/she clearly isn't looking at the same website so many active users use every day! 'So very old and ancient'???? Er, definitely not!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Ar, Mr rivonia we meet again, up to your usual, I see, not bothering to read anything about what this forum is about. I suspect you will start shouting in capital letters soon. Now, take the time to read what the good people of this parish do, it will save you shooting your mouth off and looking like a bit of a prat.

See you on the other side.
Cheers
PC
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Appears what he wants is a rental property in Cyprus .......
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

Me thinks M/Mme. Rivonia is looking at the date folks joined this forum, not the date of posting :lol: Why else would he/she make such a very silly posting.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Rivonia, are you the same Rivonia that is a member of Cyprus Eastern forum? It would help a lot if you put your location in your profile ... and tell us if you own a holiday property for let ... Come on, don't be shy, spill the beans, we're a very helpful lot :)
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Ah, I am sensing provenance :mrgreen:
falbayview

Post by falbayview »

rivonia wrote:Well the page is NOT full in fact the dates are old. Please take a look.
i'm looking and found some very enlightening info:
Paul Carmel wrote:Ar, Mr rivonia we meet again...

take the time to read what the good people of this parish do, it will save you shooting your mouth off and looking like a bit of a prat...