website review, please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Dawannes

website review, please

Post by Dawannes »

Hello all,
have made a new site for my retreat in Bali

please give me much needed advice

www.villafareast.info

greetz

Johan
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Think I've said it before, but a set of great photos is like a fabulous Christmas box of chocolates. You open the lid and wow! - they all look so good and so inviting that you can't wait to get stuck in. And these are great photos - no question - of an inviting holiday property. Ordinarily, I would bang on about careful sequencing being key to understanding what's on offer but, these lovely pix jumping about and demanding attention, like fleas on the cat, evade my normal caution.

Where there's urgent photo work to be done is coverage (of equivalent quality) of the local village and the beach. And, sadly but inevitably in these difficult times, a gentle mention of security aspects of a visitor's stay (our good friend lost her brother in the Bali bombing and these events resonate beyond their sell-by date). Do your three staff remain within the property at night?

But - a good example of photography as king! Well done, Johan and good luck! Hopefully, other members will be along to discuss different aspects of your website and content.
Jim
Dawannes

Review

Post by Dawannes »

Thanks for the feedback

Johan
teapot

Post by teapot »

Jimbo wrote: (our good friend lost her brother in the Bali bombing and these events resonate beyond their sell-by date).
I lost my diving buddy to that too. (Tim, rip)

Johan, is that a green liner/finish in your pool?
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

Your place looks lovely :-)

Two suggestions:

1 - a responsive website will pay off; with around 60% of my visitors using mobile devices to view my website, it's essential to give them an optimised experience. It need not be difficult or fancy :)

2 - bold italic text is hard for me to read. Other people's opinion may vary, but I'm a 31 year old with average eyesight. I can't imagine wealthy middle-aged clients finding it any easier to read :)

Sorry for the criticisms. It's a nice place and I like what you're offering.
Astorchamonix

Post by Astorchamonix »

Hi Johan,
Your place looks fab.
The website content looks good. I would like some information on how to get to and from the airport ie distance and cost.
Also, does your housekeeper just clean or cook as well? If she cooks which meals and do you buy the ingredients or are they provided?
I think the photos on the home page would look better bigger and perhaps you could lighten them up a touch (picmonkey.com is free and makes this easy to do).
The headers need to be in a bigger font.
Maybe a catch phrase below your title to sum up the property ie'a 4 bed villa with pool moments from the beach in northern bali'
I would also put the text in bullet points which makes it easier to read and extract information quickly.
Hope this helps!
Astorchamonix

Post by Astorchamonix »

Sorry, ignore my comment about cost, I've just seen the airport transfers info