Sunday to Sunday booking august

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
bessie

Sunday to Sunday booking august

Post by bessie »

I have just had an enquiry for august but Sunday to Sunday which would mean the guest leaving on the Sunday of bank holiday weekend so I would loose the following week as I cannot see anyone arriving bank holiday Monday.or Sunday afternoon.
Any advice please .
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Unless you know you are unlikely to get another booking to fill August then it's a definite no from me. That is the peak month for most of us; you really should be able to dictate the changeover days during this month.

I would simply reply with whatever day your standard changeover day is.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I have flexible changeover days so I always accept bookings even if they leave a gap in high season. In the end I've always filled the gap too, to city folk who book maybe a little later than the others and don't mind fitting in.

No idea if the same would work for you....just my experience.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you nemo I have emailed back to say Saturday changeover .
I have noticed the main agents have a high rate for the week ending 27/8 but have a lower rate for the week starting 27/8.It appears bank holiday week is cheaper than the week before. :(
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes it can be a tricky week to shift as schools vary when they go back and most people seem to want to be at home before the kids go back to school. I've booked that week with a fortnight booking in each of mine but I did discount the second week to make it attractive.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

I am flexible most of the year but sat to sat during the summer.

I don't mind ending up with odd gaps but will always manage to sell summer weeks so can be more prescriptive.