B****y Ruinair

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
pepsipuss

B****y Ruinair

Post by pepsipuss »

Wasted a load of time yesterday trying to book flights with them.

Couldn't get past the 'our insurance' thing - it told me to select 'don't insure me' from the drop-down box. The only drop down box appeared to be for selecting country of residence. CHatline not open despite it being during hours it was supposed to be. Finally this morning after an hour of waiting I got through to chatline.

Guess what - 'don't insure me' is an option in the country list between Denmark and Finland - well done Mr O'Leary!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
tavi

Post by tavi »

yup, it's a nasty little trick that one. My sympathies.

Ryanair's online booking is quite scary - one false move and you've bought a suitcase too!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

tavi wrote: Ryanair's online booking is quite scary - one false move and you've bought a suitcase too!
Yes I found it very scary indeed especially as I was doing it on a tablet and it is so much easier to hit the wrong button than when using a laptop and mouse :oops: :oops:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm used to that question on the Ryanair site as I've flown with them so often, but it is crouched in a most peculiar dark and shady place to be sure :mrgreen:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

But it has got so much better lately and they actually smile when you get in the plane. I fly very frequently between England and Ireland and I boycotted them (I don't suppose O'Leary noticed though ) for over a year as they made me so cross - 27 clicks to book a flight ( I kid you not, I'm pretty sure that is what I counted once). Now, I think it is 5? That Don't insure me thing is still sneaky though. However, I have gone back to them for most of my flights. I only fly (nicer) Aer Lingus if the fares roughly equal.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Casscat wrote:I'm used to that question on the Ryanair site as I've flown with them so often, but it is crouched in a most peculiar dark and shady place to be sure :mrgreen:
It's - um - in alphabetical order ...

But then again I am a weird pedant with a touch of OCD 8)
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

French Cricket wrote:
It's - um - in alphabetical order ...
Yes, but who would expect 'Don't insure me' to be in a list of countries of residence!!! :shock: Or maybe I'm just dumb...

I did look in the list but I expected it to be at the top... too logical by half I guess :oops:
Last edited by pepsipuss on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

No, pp, you're probably the normal one of the two of us :wink:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Well so far I've never flown Ryanair - just lucky, I guess!

Actually no, I avoid them like the plague and was fortunate that when I lived in UK they didn't fly out of my local airports (H'row and Gatters). Now in France I hope to be able to carry on with BA and EJ for most purposes anyway.

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We have used them to fly to Turin in the past, which despite being in Italy is our closest airport. No real problems, but our last flight was about 5 years ago.
rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

I have actually flown with them a lot over the years as they had a route that suited me down to the ground and I've done so without buying insurance, a suitcase of having my luggage forced into the hold.

As annoying as some of their habits are/were (they are much improved now) I have almost always found their flights to be on time unlike BA who are always delayed, there's sufficient leg room and some of their prices are very cheap. I once did East Midlands to Budapest for £35 return.

I agree that they don't make the journey as pleasant as they could and their website is irritating but make sure you go to the loo before they put you in the silly pre-departure holding pen, take some snacks so you don't have to buy theirs at ridiculous prices and have a tablet loaded with some entertainment and good headphones to keep out the noise and the journey passes in a blink of an eye.
Here we go again........
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Of course, having said all that, I am deeply grateful to Ruinair because in my renting days they transported the majority of my guests on their holidays chez nous. My villa rental would have been far less viable without them, so it's an ill wind . . .

Mols :D
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Moliere wrote:Of course, having said all that, I am deeply grateful to Ruinair because in my renting days they transported the majority of my guests on their holidays chez nous. My villa rental would have been far less viable without them, so it's an ill wind . . .

+1
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Moliere wrote:Of course, having said all that, I am deeply grateful to Ruinair because in my renting days they transported the majority of my guests on their holidays chez nous. My villa rental would have been far less viable without them, so it's an ill wind . . .

+2
That's how most of our UK guests come to our apartment
Honi soit qui peu y boit
declanja

Post by declanja »

30 years ago it would cost me two weeks wages to fly to London from Dublin so we had to travel by rail and boat, a 20 hour journey. Now it costs just a few Euro if booked in time. This is in the main down to M O Leary and Ryanair. We fly to Nice and Birmingham very frequently and Ryanair are almost always the best value from Dublin. I also like the fact that Micheal O Leary lives and pays his taxes in Ireland unlike many others like Bono.