Using video

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Pmagowan

Using video

Post by Pmagowan »

I have just stuck a random video I made on my iPhone that shows the outside of our villa on the home page.
www.escape2tuscany.com
Do any of you do video and do you find it useful. I am planning a photoshoot for the villa when I am over in a few months and was wondering if it was a good idea to take a few videos of the inside, outside and sites of interest. The one on the website currently is just a rough thing but shows the idea. Any thoughts?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I think the way you've used it to show a complete panorama is a great idea. Hosting it via Youtube was also a good idea, as coping with all the platform formats is a real pain, which Youtube takes care off.

Making videos inside would be more challenging and you have to avoid the walk around, scary movie type production.

I have a couple of videos on my site but not for the property itself. I also have a small Youtube channel, which I regard as free advertising. Make some videos of local events, place them on Youtube and people will stumble across them for years to come.

Another great use of video is for instructions on how to use things or even to drive there. Gone are the problems of people not knowing how to open a key safe, as a short video needs no text and should be easily understood.