AIRBNB and London

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
ianthy

AIRBNB and London

Post by ianthy »

Hi
Just posting the changes to short term lettings legislation in London (Airbnb is the main co) which will allow/restrict Londoners to 90 days max a year for STR. Some councils feel this is still too high and are pushing to have it reduced to 30 days - Westminster Council. I wonder if this will spread across the UK?

See link below from the London Evening Standard

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/n ... 33375.html

Re: AIRBNB and London

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

Indeed.

Changing my flat from residential to a self-catering commercial unit took one letter, and a visit from an inspector. The council didn't care beyond that. That's in Edinburgh
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

edinburgh wrote:Indeed.

Changing my flat from residential to a self-catering commercial unit took one letter, and a visit from an inspector. The council didn't care beyond that. That's in Edinburgh
Some councils in London will not be bothered but the hotel lobby groups have been hard at work plus the central councils _ Westminster and Camden in particular have been complaining that Airbnb has deprived them of accommodation that could be used for people working/living in the area. I believe the draft legislation still needs to go via the Lords.