Silly error - should I cancel Flipkey booking?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
rosebud

Silly error - should I cancel Flipkey booking?

Post by rosebud »

Unfortunately I inadvertently accepted a 2 week autumn booking from Macau China through Flipkey.
By mistake I had a low default rate for one of the 2 weeks booked. I had previously had some trouble changing rates but did not bother to report it to Flipkey. (I have now reported it and also upped my default rate!!)
I assume I could cancel the booking but having had several friendly exchanges with the guest (who was unable to use her credit card to pay my PayPal invoice) I feel reluctant to do this.
Advice please!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I think it's unreasonable to cancel the booking. After all, you accepted it and they may have already made their travel arrangements.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Rosebud, I'm assuming that after several exchanges and raising a Paypal invoice, if you've only just noticed your error now, then the difference is not too great. In which case I'm afraid I think you have to swallow it. I've recently under quoted someone by £100.00. It means that they've had a cheap deal but not so cheap that the customer should have realised it and queried the price. Hence I've said nothing and honoured it. I'm not familiar with how Flipkey works but if it's anything like AB&B then I would never accept a booking without checking and double checking the price. If the price difference is huge and it should have been obvious to the guest that something was amiss then that's possibly a different matter.
GRL

Post by GRL »

Our gusts coming at May Half term have got a good deal as I accidentally left the price at a lower tariff. I have said nothing as it was my error and have honoured it but did immediately go and check all my prices on all my sites after that.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

On sites where you have to put a default rate, I think the best way to go is to make your default rate high, just in case you miss updating your rates.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Thanks everyone.
I followed your advice Newtimber and Bunny honouring her booking. There was quite a difference in prices but the guest did have to pay an £82 booking fee.
I immediately did just what you suggested Felicity - upping my default rate (to my highest price) & also checked my existing prices as you had Rosie.
Hopefully I will be a bit more careful in the future!!