Do you invite criticism?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Bunny wrote: Rolling pin! :shock: What are these mad people doing? Not my idea of a holiday.
Well, I'm a mad person who loves to cook on holiday ... love buying all sorts of interesting stuff at local markets and trying local recipes!

Yep, we have rolling pin, kitchen scales (an absolute essential in my book - I have been known to go out and buy a set if I'm staying somewhere they're not provided :lol:), steamer, stick blender, mixer, three different ways to make coffee, champagne flutes, red and white wine glasses, water glasses, beer glasses, shot glasses, Moroccan tea glasses; if they want to they want to they can borrow a pasta machine (two lots have), an ice cream maker (one lot have) and all sorts of other bits of kitchen equipment.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

French Cricket wrote:
Bunny wrote: Rolling pin! :shock: What are these mad people doing? Not my idea of a holiday.
Well, I'm a mad person who loves to cook on holiday ... love buying all sorts of interesting stuff at local markets and trying local recipes!

Yep, we have rolling pin, kitchen scales (an absolute essential in my book - I have been known to go out and buy a set if I'm staying somewhere they're not provided :lol:), steamer, stick blender, mixer, three different ways to make coffee, champagne flutes, red and white wine glasses, water glasses, beer glasses, shot glasses, Moroccan tea glasses; if they want to they want to they can borrow a pasta machine (two lots have), an ice cream maker (one lot have) and all sorts of other bits of kitchen equipment.
And to think I thought I was well equipped by providing an electric can opener! :lol:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ah ... haven't got one of those.

But I have got a plastic thing that helps you open a ring pull tin, and a Jar Key!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I've got a collapsible funnel but it doesn't look like it's ever been used because I don't think anyone can work out what it is!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

I'm going shopping for kitchen accessories...
So much to learn....so little time!
Essar

Post by Essar »

Bunny wrote:I've got a collapsible funnel but it doesn't look like it's ever been used.
There was an article in the Telegraph Health section about these - evidently there's a simple keyhole operation to correct it under a local anaesthetic. :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Bunny wrote:I've got a collapsible funnel
We don't need to know explicit details of your personal medical problems, Bunny! :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well I was referring to a kitchen implement designed to get a liquid into a small hole by inserting the long thin end into the receptacle and ......... oh forget it!

Before you ask, no I don't have a turkey baster in the cottage.
:lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Juicers seem to be popular with some. I have had a couple of requests for those in other villas (non for ours so far) but have had to say no.

I do think that owners catering for large numbers can only offer so much due to storage space (and especially when it your home that you rent out and not a seperate place that you don't live in)
I am already struggling with all the kiddie/baby stuff I have to have.

Luckily being onsite we can supply most thingsfrom our own supply. We did have some French guests bake a birthday cake

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

OOh I don't think I would ever supply a juicer. I could never trust anyone to clean it out properly after use. And once it's dried on.... The issue I have with too many kitchen implements/appliances is the more you have to check and potentially re-clean. All of which impacts on changeover time. I'm always have to rewash stuff put anyway in the cupboards.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Although we do have an egg slicer, we don't have a rolling pin. And the only guest to bake a pie, got inventive and used a wine bottle - not sure whether it was empty then or emptied later! :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Bunny wrote:OOh I don't think I would ever supply a juicer. I could never trust anyone to clean it out properly after use. And once it's dried on.... The issue I have with too many kitchen implements/appliances is the more you have to check and potentially re-clean. All of which impacts on changeover time. I'm always have to rewash stuff put anyway in the cupboards.
My thoughts exactly Bunny! One of the reasons I threw out the drip filter coffee machine. I was so sick and tired of cleaning out coffee grounds covered in mould and days old coffee from the jug.
I really do think that guests LIKE the idea of some things but don't really use them above once. This was certainly my experience of the coffee filter machine.

Like in all businesses we sometimes have to 'manage expectations'.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Some women see a rolling pin and dream of baking; I see a rolling pin and think defensive weapon! Check, is it easily accessible in the event of a burglary. :roll:
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

We've just bought a lava rock cooking grill. Lava stone that you heat in the oven and then cook meat on top of as an alternative to a fondue.

Sadly they don't look overly idiot proof when it comes to cleaning so we may end up locking it up with our "private clobber" to stop guests trashing it!