Suggesting alternative dates.

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Cas & Irene

Suggesting alternative dates.

Post by Cas & Irene »

We get many enquiries for blocked dates but most of the times we offer them alternative dates.
It´s only a few minutes work with the email template, we made for this.

About 80% does never respond on our suggestion, but 19% respond very friendly and appreciate this suggestion but can´t change their dates.

Approx 1 %, so last year a few of them. could made a change and booked the alternative dates.

Next to that, those enquiries, most of them are referred directly to the boat so these people are/were interested in us! It´s a little bit pity to let them walk away without give it another try!

For us still worth to do this, at least we think thisis (also) a good service?
Last edited by Cas & Irene on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sail with the wind from today and count your blessings!
http://www.Bed-and-Breakfast-Barcelona.com
St. Katharine B&B-Hotel Boat in Barcelona!
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

It's what I do!

I've had people change dates based on this - I'm expecting a couple in September who had no idea why Edinburgh was so expensive in August, and welcomed my cost-effective suggestion for a few weeks later :-)
tavi

Post by tavi »

Definitely a good idea.

Even if they can't change their dates it gives a great impression of a personalised and professional service. Which in turn might give them incentive to book some other time, or recommend you to someone else....etc.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

+1
I add "the nearest available dates are.. " and send the ones before and after along with prices. Occasionally it leads to bookings, although I don't know if they would have come back and asked even if I hadn't mentioned it. As Tavi says it creates a positive impression.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

+2 I always confirm the nearest available dates as in many cases travel arrangements - flights have not been booked so there is always a chance. I also recommend 2 centre holidays eg time in the city then out to the countryside for the rest of the stay. In Dubai spend some time downtown around the Burj/Dubai Creek then come to the Marina to relax.

In the majority of cases it does not work but I had 2 bookings last year where it did. I think you have nothing to loose but the 2 minutes it takes to send the email ;-)
lorca

Post by lorca »

+3

It works quite often for us, but possibly because we are completely flexible re arrival and departure days.
If not now, when?