CoolStays.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Tivoli

CoolStays.com

Post by Tivoli »

I cannot now remember where I heard about CoolStays.com Possibly from the Top 100 Vacation Rental Listing Sites list that was visible earlier but has now disappeared in the sands of time.
Anyway, does anybody use them? Are they any good? They certainly don't appear to have many properties listed so I just wondered if anyone had anything at all to say about them; good, bad or indifferent.
Thanks
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

Bump
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

My property is listed on Coolstays. I came to it a bit too late for the 2017 season, because much of my availability was already booked. I have had enquiries but, not to my knowledge, any bookings which originated from Coolstays.

I will say one good thing for this site, which is that they make a great effort in "putting themselves out there". In the guise of a 'holidaymaker' I joined the 30,000 others whom they quoted as being on their mailing list. I am bombarded on a weekly basis with well written suggestions about different holiday properties on their site, which I could rent. It's not spam, because I volunteered my name and of course I can unsubscribe at any time.
Teguise

Post by Teguise »

Used them for a year, produced nothing at all.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

They did get me bookings last year but it seems they're now monetising everything and my bookings have completely dried up. Is this what happens with each listings agency once they start growing? If my bookings don't pick up, I think I will not renew.
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

I've been with Coolstays since they started out, initially on a free listing and now a paid listing. They generate quite a lot of enquiries for me, however most are poor quality (for me) as they are often for 1 or 2 night bookings (we clearly state 3 night minimum) or are looking for a cheap or last minute deal, especially around Christmas, bank holidays etc when we're nearly always booked up well in advance.
A few of those enquiries do convert into longer stays and/or alternative dates though, maybe 4-5 bookings a year or so.