Hello, can I buy your Ferrari for the price of a Fiat?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Hello there your rental looks great!

We would love to book could you do your october season price for the dates I have selected (30 Aug-6 Sept)at all?

Kind regards
A

err,let me think about that....
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

enquiry today (for peak season)

Instead of the advertised price of 520euros a week I can give you 395euros a week :roll:
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

It's over the whole line:
Our Opel Zafira was for sale at about 7500€.
"Will you accept 3500 €?" Was the lowest bid we received.

Of course they try the same with rentals.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

roxytoo wrote:enquiry today (for peak season)

Instead of the advertised price of 520euros a week I can give you 395euros a week :roll:
Reply:
Of course, but instead of the advertised accommodation, I can offer you a week in the local doss house or 1 star hotel.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Casscat

Re: Hello, can I buy your Ferrari for the price of a Fiat?

Post by Casscat »

Sam V wrote:Hello there your rental looks great!

We would love to book could you do your october season price for the dates I have selected (30 Aug-6 Sept)at all?

Kind regards
A
"Yes, you're right! It looks great because it is great! And worth every cent of the advertised rates for 30 August to 6 September so if you would truly love to book all the booking information is on the listing."

You never know, they could be trying it on but still loving it enough to go for it. Probably not, but I am a 'sunny side up' kinda gal :mrgreen:
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Casscat wrote:
Sam V wrote:Hello there your rental looks great!

Kind regards
A
"Yes, you're right! It looks great because it is great! And worth every cent of the advertised rates for 30 August to 6 September so if you would truly love to book all the booking information is on the listing."

You never know, they could be trying it on but still loving it enough to go for it. Probably not, but I am a 'sunny side up' kinda gal :mrgreen:
Nothing to lose, I might just give this one a go, watch this space!

:lol:

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Done! Just changed 'cent' to penny.

Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Good luck! :D
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

No reply to date

Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I kinda figured you wouldn't :wink: Put them in their proper place though.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Casscat wrote:"Yes, you're right! It looks great because it is great! And worth every cent of the advertised rates for 30 August to 6 September so if you would truly love to book all the booking information is on the listing."
I really like that response. It's bright and happy and very positive but you've not wasted any time on what was possibly / probably a timewaster.
JanB

Post by JanB »

Best one I have had in a while was last week:

"We would love to book your gorgeous cottage but as it is last minute and for only 2 people (my cottage sleeps 3) could you offer a discount - 30% would be good for us"

Well, it wouldn't be good for me as that would reduce even further than I had already, to a level which would make it £150 lower than the lowest weekly rate I offer and in so doing make it the record breaking, cheapest week ever in ten years of holiday rental..........!

I felt inclined to tell them that their budget would buy them 3 nights, not a full week. Instead, I wrote a pleasant reply thanking them for their interest and kindly stating that I couldn't let at that rate but I did offer another slight reduction.

Needless to say, never heard from them again. Am I bovvered? Errrr, no.

Booked two short breaks over the same period, so am happy.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
OSINCLAIR

Post by OSINCLAIR »

Having been a silent stalker on this site for 18 months I finally thanks to all of you feel I know what I am doing! Having been with a local agency up until now and finding that bookings have recently begun to tail off (possibly as a result of their new and problematic website) I have now set up a listing on both HL and Flipkey and am waiting for the bookings to come rolling in. 8)

I am now of course exposed to this type of enquiry for the first time and am gob smacked at how blatant/cheeky people are with their requests. I am still sticking to my guns on the "We did a lot of research into our pricing and believe we price reasonably for the quality compared to the competition. Sorry we have a policy of not discounting and so far this is working for us. I wish you the best of luck finding something that better suits your budget." Lets see how long that one lasts before I fold!!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Hi Osinclair, and well done for coming out of the shadows! Welcome to the forum :D

There is a great deal of pleasure to be had from dealing directly with one's guests - and I am not being sarcastic! I love having a proper dialogue with the people who stay in my property even though I never actually meet them because I am off site. Even the 'cheeky bu99er' ones provide some amusement. Your reply to chancers is very diplomatic.

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.