Hello, can I buy your Ferrari for the price of a Fiat?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I just had one asking:

Hi
we are a family from Brazil, we are going in 3 to London in June.
We could make a deal with our budget (400 euros)?

For dates that actually cost £730.

my reply was a terse:

Thank you for your enquiry but no this is not possible.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
JanB

Post by JanB »

Nightowl wrote:I just had one asking:

Hi
we are a family from Brazil, we are going in 3 to London in June.
We could make a deal with our budget (400 euros)?

For dates that actually cost £730.

my reply was a terse:

Thank you for your enquiry but no this is not possible.
I should think so too. I have resigned myself to the fact I won't be taking any more bookings - with few enquiries and those I do get just want cheap accommodation at a knock down price. My cottage is on the market so I don't mind making life easy on myself and having it empty between now and when I sell.

I do have a few bookings so will continue with those but not take any more after September. Just cannot wait to be out of this business.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
pete

Post by pete »

I cant remember how many times over the years we have been asked for discounts, extra guests, babies who dont cry dogs who dont bark, only eat half a dinner,

I think that the best thing that happened to us was that the first - ish guests who booked a meal cheeked us down in price as they didnt want starter - pudding etc, but they still ate and drunk everything, so after, we stuck it out and did not discount, never again, and 8 years later we still dont regret that decision.
OSINCLAIR

Post by OSINCLAIR »

Thank you 7 Aspire, I always find your posts valuable and have read many! Update - the flurry of enquiries continued and turned into 4 new bookings in a two week period. No discounts given so far, so I am pretty happy and hope it continues.