Homelidays

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Hells Bells

Homelidays

Post by Hells Bells »

Now available to b&b owners too.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

What is the general feel on homelidays. Are they in the H-R, Vrbo league. We are not with them but looking to expand to one new listing provider this year and was wondering how they preform for people?
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Marion

Post by Marion »

Hi Clexane,
I've just listed again with Homelidays as because of the flights scare I thought it might encourage more European visitors that do not need to take flights (I am assuming that the current situation will discourage international flights especially Americans). However, I don't think it is in the same league as HR. With my trial I had several enquiries but I do find them hard work as responding to them in a foreign language is difficult, I know some German and French so when I use a translation package I can usually understand if it makes sense. However, when it comes to Italian and other language I don't have a clue, so often wonder what my replies actually say!

My conversion rate is also no where near as good as the enquiries I get from HR or Owners Direct.

Another point with Homelidays is that they take the advert off line when you change anything (apart from availability). I put the advert on line in English, and yesterday went in to add some French text on the French site. All versions are now off line, and I find that very frustrating. It makes me reluctant to keep the advert up to date and fresh.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

For us Homelidays have been fantastic. We have the majority of our bookings through them this summer and their conversion rate for enquiries to bookings is around 80%.

I like the membership system as it allows some comeback from both renters and rentees and encourages a degree of responsibility from both.

The translations into 6 different languages are free and as the price is very reasonable to start off with this makes the site very very competitively priced.

I was unaware of the site going down for changes to be made, but then I haven't made many changes as the ad seems to be working for us at them moment.

Sarah
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I decided not to use them because I have three apartments, but under their system can't link them in anyway (even though I am happy to pay extra). I'm currently registered with Italymag (rubbish), Owners Direct (good) and Slowtrav (good but unbelievable number of scams).
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Marion

Post by Marion »

The translations into 6 different languages are free and as the price is very reasonable to start off with this makes the site very very competitively priced.
Yes it is competitive, and the fact that it has sites in the different languages is a bonus. However, be aware that the tiltle and descriptions are not translated only the lists.

Marion
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Marion

I just tried looking for our property in French and German on the site and in both instances everything seems to be translated, all the property details. Is this what you were referring to?

All I can say is that whatever their drawbacks, for us Homelidays substantially outperform any of the other sites that we use including HR and French Connections. Proof of the pudding and all that.

Sarah
Marion

Post by Marion »

The text that you put into the description is not translated e.g. the part that says " best apartment in Nice etc"...... 8)
From the site:
Personalise your offer

The following sections are NOT automatically translated.
This is the "Title" "The best points about
accommodation" "Means of access" and "Hints
and Tips"

The check boxes for the facilities etc are translated.

I think other people have also found Homelidays good for them. Prooves once again there is no site that suits everyone.

Marion
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Ah, see what you mean Marion, it's just a standard description for that type of property that you get which is why they presumably can do the free translations.

Sarah.
marrum31

Post by marrum31 »

Hello,

I have been with homelidays for about 3 years and for me they have had the best response and coverage on the net. I was advertising a house in Spain at the time and the report back system for the owner and the renters is a great feature.

i would recommend it to anyone
Becky
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hmmm..
Hi Marrum

Where abouts in Spain were you and as you are in France now have you used Homelidays there :?:
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Do I detect another grilling coming on here??

He said sheepishly.
gh

Post by gh »

Na, its the tractor grill they are attacking.....

Quandary, thinking of them as they have a free period. umm still considering, 'ditto marrum31 ' the report back system for the owner and the renters is a great feature'.

For the mo are v.happy with Holidaylettings they have been v.sucessful in bringing in enquiries. Which in turn raised the debate 'enquiries or bookings'.

Enquiries for me, they (listing sites) are paid to do this, us (owners) to convert the enquiries into bookings- others have their opinions, me I have money in the bank.

Might give it a go for the free period, especially now, as my stats show Sept to Jan are the prolilfic times. Pity they don't have a RE looking in. :wink: or do they?
marrum31

Post by marrum31 »

I have just sold our house in MiamI Playa (about an hour south of Barcelona). I have just bought the house in France and I wont be renting this one out for the first year until i get it ship shape except to friends.

I have tried a few different sites since buying the house in Miami Playa, a few free ones (i think i have had about 3 enquiries in 5 years lol) and ones that started out free (or free periods) and then went to paying. Intraspain.com was great when it was free but as soon as he put a charge in (only 25 euros)the enquiries dried up

Out of all of them Homelidays was consistantly the best. I have just checked my stats and in one year i got: 30,483 short displays, 7262 detailed displays, 169 visits to the website and 72 enquiries. This was from 25/07/05 until 25/07/06 when my subs ran out.

Nearly all of my bookings this year were from them. most of the enquiries are european and not british but in a lot of ways i find that a lot easier because the mainlanders r used to set change over days while the brits are mostly dependant upon flights etc.

I will def. try homelidays out again when the french house is ready.

another good tip for spain is advertising on the german sites. the translation goes automatically but replies can sometimes be a bit hairy if the prospect speaks no english
Becky
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

marrum31 wrote: most of the enquiries are european and not british but in a lot of ways i find that a lot easier because the mainlanders r used to set change over days while the brits are mostly dependant upon flights etc.
So, is the market in Spain a bit different from the French market in this respect I wonder? The Brits who come to France certainly expect to be tied to a set changeover day during the main letting season at least, and I thought this was the case in most destinations, unless owners are able to offer flexible lengths of stay too?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be