face book pages to be liked

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

I worked my way though the entire list and only received about 11 likes in return! But I think that this is because I liked the pages from my personal account and no-one would have had any idea who I was unless they looked at the "pages to like" thread, which many do not visit on a regular basis any more. I am going through the list again(!!!) and this time I am liking pages as my business page (I do think that this works as I have likes from other businesses!).
I know that some in this thread have already liked my page, many thanks!!!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I had previously like your place Gazpacho, and thanks for your reciprocal like today :)
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I hadn't liked you page but I have done so now :)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I sent you a like yesterday Sandra :D

When I get a new like I look at the page of the liker and there are usually clues as to whether they also have holiday accommodation.
arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

Casscat wrote:I sent you a like yesterday Sandra :D

When I get a new like I look at the page of the liker and there are usually clues as to whether they also have holiday accommodation.
Thank you CassCat (what is your name as I got 3 likes yesterday)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am a complete novice at all this and have just today spent about two hours working out how to set up a Facebook page. I have had my own personal page for years (things were different then, back in the day, and I only wanted to see what my children were up to!) but basically do not like Facebook for communication purposes (i.e. "sharing") as I prefer to email people separately with news. However, most of my rather more mature American visitors are very active on Facebook and post constantly so I thought it was time to join in with a page for my cottage.

Embarrassingly, it seemed that I could not move forward from one page (it was greyed out) without acquiescing and liking my own page so I have the grand total of one like.....from moi!

Apart from those of you who have put your Facebook signature here how do I find out where to like you? Do I just trawl through the previous 'like me' threads?

I think it is better to be liked by someone who has a personal page and not their business - is that right? I am conscious I must not like great swathes of people in one go now! I will start by finding your sites in this thread and work backwards. I think I did some likes some time ago and then forgot who I did - will it matter if I do it twice?

If you see a Felicity A liking you, then that is me (obviously :roll:)

At risk of sounding pathetic - please like me!! Here https://www.facebook.com/sansomecottage

PS I have just liked Arkvilla but couldn't see if I had liked her 'as' Felicity or as my cottage. Does my cottage not have a completely separate identity? I did not have to register or sign in or create a new password and I still seem to be 'Felicity' at the top in the blue bar. Have I done it wrong?? :oops:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

You liked me as yourself Felicity - and I have reciprocated as me :D Your page looks pretty good given that you only just created it and your place looks gorgeous!
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

Good job on your FB page, Felicity. Have just liked your page. I find it helpful to reciprocate when LMH-ers post a short note, so I have done that.
arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

FelicityA wrote:I am a complete novice at all this and have just today spent about two hours working out how to set up a Facebook page. I have had my own personal page for years (things were different then, back in the day, and I only wanted to see what my children were up to!) but basically do not like Facebook for communication purposes (i.e. "sharing") as I prefer to email people separately with news. However, most of my rather more mature American visitors are very active on Facebook and post constantly so I thought it was time to join in with a page for my cottage.

Embarrassingly, it seemed that I could not move forward from one page (it was greyed out) without acquiescing and liking my own page so I have the grand total of one like.....from moi!

Apart from those of you who have put your Facebook signature here how do I find out where to like you? Do I just trawl through the previous 'like me' threads?

I think it is better to be liked by someone who has a personal page and not their business - is that right? I am conscious I must not like great swathes of people in one go now! I will start by finding your sites in this thread and work backwards. I think I did some likes some time ago and then forgot who I did - will it matter if I do it twice?

If you see a Felicity A liking you, then that is me (obviously :roll:)

At risk of sounding pathetic - please like me!! Here https://www.facebook.com/sansomecottage

PS I have just liked Arkvilla but couldn't see if I had liked her 'as' Felicity or as my cottage. Does my cottage not have a completely separate identity? I did not have to register or sign in or create a new password and I still seem to be 'Felicity' at the top in the blue bar. Have I done it wrong?? :oops:
Well done on getting it up and running Felicity

i have just ahd a look and you have liked my page as yourself - thank you. i have returned your like just now :D

Sandra
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thank you Arkvilla! I'm all at sea over there, floundering as a fish out of water ( to mix the metaphors!) I have put my cottage photos in Photos when I thought they were going to be in 'cottage photos' tab and appear just below the profile :( think I am going to have to delete and reload them all as I can't find a way of moving them.

Still can't work out the difference between posting and commenting, posting on a timeline etc. What is public and what is private...... Going to have to do lots of homework....
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Maybe we should have a Facebook tutorial thread for anyone looking to set up an FB page :)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

We did have Casscat; it got very lengthy and divided into more than one thread. Much has changed but some of it will still apply. I'll have a browse and see if I can find it.

Here they are if you can be bothered to read and remember some of it will be out of date.

viewtopic.php?t=16494

viewtopic.php?t=18715

I no longer recommend random liking :wink:
Last edited by Nemo on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Felicity you can move photos, but I'm not at my computer so it could be a tad challenging to remember how and explain!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks Nemo. Actually I am on my iPad in Dublin at the moment and I tend not to attempt too much on there as one mistaken press of an errant finger and all hell lets loose.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok I found a good link that I'd bookmarked for moving photos.

http://www.socmedsean.com/updated-faceb ... nd-albums/