Cost of Gas

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
ianthy

Cost of Gas

Post by ianthy »

Hi

We just checked out a group of guests and their gas bill for 6 nights was €483. I was just wondering what other folks are paying for gas. We are with company called VulcanGas and our contracts charges 4.2 euros per unit - we have a big tank and not mains gas. if you have time I would appreciate if you would check your bill and confirm what you are paying.

Thanks for reading.
Marchehelen

Post by Marchehelen »

I have a serbatoio and I am with Pegas (local company I think). My last bill was 98 cents a litre but I am guessing that your units are probably not litres as i can't see the difference in unit price being that huge- however this is Italy ........
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Marchehelen wrote:I have a serbatoio and I am with Pegas (local company I think). My last bill was 98 cents a litre but I am guessing that your units are probably not litres as i can't see the difference in unit price being that huge- however this is Italy ........
Hi
Thks for the info. We also have a large tank in the garden and the company fill it up and we only pay for gas when we use it - based on meter readings. I have checked with the scientist in the family - OH. A litre of propane liquid produces 272 litres of gas at 15 celcius. So the actual price they are offering is MC €4.2 divided by 3.67 per liquid litre. ie 1.144 cents per litre plus IVA at 22%.

I have asked a few neighbours what they are paying around Bologna... I think I may need to have a chat with our energy company.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

We have a serbatoio too and paid 85c/litre a couple of weeks ago with Olivi Gas and my neighbour paid 75c/litre with Liqui Gas. Discounts are available so before refilling ask about discounts.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

RebelEmC wrote:We have a serbatoio too and paid 85c/litre a couple of weeks ago with Olivi Gas and my neighbour paid 75c/litre with Liqui Gas. Discounts are available so before refilling ask about discounts.
Thks - this is great info, which part of Italy are you located?

I have just sent an email to Vulcangas - utility co's are the same the world over - they don't offer the best prices unless you ask/push.

Rgds
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

I'm in north-east Umbria.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

RebelEmC wrote:I'm in north-east Umbria.
Thks
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Hi

Good news just got a reply back from our supplier - VulcanGas, they have reduced our price down from 1.14 to .89 cents a litre.

Thks again for the info, which I used to get a better price.
Helene_B

Post by Helene_B »

Now that is amazing. Well done Ianthy!

Helene B.
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommoda ... 631?src=LS
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Helene_B wrote:Now that is amazing. Well done Ianthy!

Helene B.
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommoda ... 631?src=LS
Energy companies are the same over.... only offer a better deal when the customer complains!
Rob

gas companies-Butangas

Post by Rob »

Does anyone know anything about Butangas? I've been told they charge only 3,20 per mc

i am thinking of changing to them from Liquigas who are charging me 4,29 per mc which high

I am in Le Marche
ianthy

Re: gas companies-Butangas

Post by ianthy »

Rob wrote:Does anyone know anything about Butangas? I've been told they charge only 3,20 per mc

i am thinking of changing to them from Liquigas who are charging me 4,29 per mc which high

I am in Le Marche
Hi Rob

We are near to Bologna and our neighbour uses Butangas co. They pay 1€ per liter, 1 MC corresponds to 4.166liters.

Rgds
Rob

gas

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the reply Ianthy. Looks like my info may be wrong though the price may vary from one region to another
ianthy

Re: gas

Post by ianthy »

Rob wrote:Thanks for the reply Ianthy. Looks like my info may be wrong though the price may vary from one region to another
I suspect the price varies from customer to customer. I think if you don't ask and just keep paying then they will not adjust the deal. My neighbours are Italian and thought their prices were ok until I told them about the reduction I received from Vulcangas.
Rob

gas

Post by Rob »

I think you're right.Same in the UK really.