Oxygen Tanks

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
apexblue

Oxygen Tanks

Post by apexblue »

Any qualms of accepting oxygen tanks in your rentals?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
teapot

Post by teapot »

What altitude is your apartment at? :lol:

I wouldn't have an issue.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
GRL

Post by GRL »

What are you worries?
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Exploding plus guest did not mention on first email only after they found out delivery would have to be day before their arrival.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Teapot that is sooo funny!

Apex I would have a worry about explosions too and would be asking for a lot of information from either them, or my friend who is a nurse, about the risks.
Also would the insurance company need to know? Or do they have their own insurance?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If guests uses oxygen, they will be aware of all the safety implications. Many many people use oxygen without any incidents at all. The cylinders are perfectly safe unless in contact with naked flames. I would not consider it to be dangerous to accept the cylinders in my property, but then I delivered o2 cylinders to patients for many years.
A safety guide from BOC (oxygen suppliers ) here http://www.bochealthcare.co.uk/internet ... _66361.pdf
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I wouldn't see it as a significant risk, but there is some risk; it might be worth clearing it with your insurers as a heads up - if there was a fire the oxygen tank might make it very much worse - and in the event of fire you'd want to alert the fire services to the presence of oxygen.

Check your smoke alarms.

Apart from that I'd definitely respect HelenB's experience and advice and have a read of the information in the link.

Something in the back of my mind suggests this topic has come up before? A bit of searching might produce some more information.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Found this old thread from 2010, also started by apexblue? I assume they did not stay
viewtopic.php?t=12635&highlight=oxygen+tanks
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

No from memory they didn't.

Checked with insurer and covered.

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You should be contacted by the company delivering the cylinders in advance. Time to ask plenty of questions and address any concerns.

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

We've had two or three lots of guests who require oxygen tanks. We've never had a problem. BOC delivers the tanks on the day they arrive and can leave everything outside, and then we leave everything outside and they collect it afterwards.

One guest did ask me to check with our insurance company which I did, and they said it was all fine and there was no need to notify them. But I would check with your individual insurer.