Clocks go forward tonight!!!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
greenbarn

Clocks go forward tonight!!!

Post by greenbarn »

Just in case anyone had forgotten, British Summer Time starts in the early hours of tomorrow (Sunday) when the clocks go forward an hour from 01:00 am to 02:00 am.

Yes, you lose an hour's sleep, and your enquiry response time will be adversely affected.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Glad I've not got a changeover tomorrow. I've no doubt there will be some late departures! :roll:
kg1

Post by kg1 »

OH has to take friends to Heathrow early tomorrow - 5am - trying to decide if we trust the iphone & digital clock radio to update automatically to the correct time. Can we find an old fashioned alarm clock in the house - of course not!

Not sure if we will be waking up at 4am or 5am - and it's my birthday tomorrow too :D :D :D
GRL

Post by GRL »

Bunny wrote:Glad I've not got a changeover tomorrow. I've no doubt there will be some late departures! :roll:
Damn - I had forgotten I've organised to do animal rounds with guests at 9am ... which I now don't like the sound of :roll:

(I wonder if they have remembered the clocks change?)
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I remember years ago we had forgotten to change the lounge wall clock from GMT to BST. We had friends round for dinner the following weekend, and after sitting chatting over a post prandial drink or 3 (as you do :D ), they looked at the clock and decided that at nearly 1am it was time to leave.

They had a shock when their usual 15 minute drive home took an hour and 15 minutes!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Remembered and wondered who decided that a footie match should be played at 10am on such mornings? Meet at 9.15 for the warm up, leave here at 8.15 as it's nearly an hours drive away, which is actually 7.15 body clock time. :roll:

I am eternally grateful that my son passed his driving test two weeks ago and volunteered to drive himself and a mate there this morning! Sad that I won't be on the touch line supporting him but as it's currently chucking it down with rain, I have had a very lucky escape today indeed. :lol:
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Nemo wrote:Remembered and wondered who decided that a footie match should be played at 10am on such mornings? Meet at 9.15 for the warm up, leave here at 8.15 as it's nearly an hours drive away, which is actually 7.15 body clock time. :roll:

I am eternally grateful that my son passed his driving test two weeks ago and volunteered to drive himself and a mate there this morning! Sad that I won't be on the touch line supporting him but as it's currently chucking it down with rain, I have had a very lucky escape today indeed. :lol:
Oh do I remember those days - football & rugby were the worst. Foggy early Sunday mornings on the A3 trying to get to some far flung field by 09.30 in the days before mobile 'phones and sat navs. Cricket much more civilised - 11am starts :)
pambon

Post by pambon »

Have just seen this thread and it has reminded of my convent-run boarding school days :cry:

One year, I was about 14 I think, I and a group of friends decided to put the clocks BACK one hour in the spring, instead of forward.

We went round late in the evening turning all the corridor clocks back not forgetting the all important one just outside the Chapel!!

We then went to bed hoping to sleep in....

Ha ha, the following morning I was summoned to the Mother Superiors office ( the MS was German) and was threatened with EXPULSION from the school. I was the only one 'caught out'; but then the MS always had it in for me - we hated each other. I heard she left shortly after I graduated from there.