Internet Security Suites

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Casscat

Internet Security Suites

Post by Casscat »

Okay, I'm going to preface this with some background and I would ask the highly computer literate to put their possible disdain for 'suites' to one side because I genuinely want some guidance.

I run Norton 360 and have it installed on my desktop and laptop, plus more importantly my mother's desktop. She is 78 years old and a liability when it comes to clicking on infected links :roll: Norton has been reliable and doesn't throw up many pop-ups requiring her to click anything to authorise so it doesn't creep her out. My warnings about not clicking links mean that she either panics when she gets a pop-up or she assumes it's safe because it says 'Norton' and clicks it anyway.

The Norton sub is up in 10 days. I could renew the 360 or opt for Norton's newer 'Security With Back Up' product, however now may be the time to look beyond the world of Norton.

What view does anyone have of Kaspersky's Total Security product? I do most definitely want a 'one stop shop' and cannot be installing individual components from various sources for each feature no matter how dog's doo-dahs they are. I want something that ticks away in the background, runs silent checks, only slaps a notice in the middle of the screen when it absolutely has to, and generally won't terrify my mother. The option to take a subscription for more than 12 months is also appealing. Thoughts?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Kaspersky's Total Security has an excellent reputation. I don't use it myself as I can get by on a suite of free ones but for someone who wants a one stop product, it would be a good choice.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Thanks Kev :D I was impressed by the price and the comprehensiveness of the offering but these alone are not enough to make it a good system. Like a bit of a wuss I'm a nervous about switching as I am used to Norton :oops: I think I may go Kaspersky and wave farewell to Norton.