A quick Facebook question from the dim one!

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
FelicityA

A quick Facebook question from the dim one!

Post by FelicityA »

I notice that people can post as themselves (from their personal page) and have a clickable link to their property which takes you their Facebook page for that - i.e. they have managed to turn a url such as facebook .com/holidaycottage into 'Holiday Cottage' (in pale blue). How do you do that, please?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Now that's not necessarily a simple answer! Basically facebook is allowing the person to "tag" their page but in the early days of a page it may not give you the option. I think, but may be wrong, that you have to claim your facebook URL first? If the URL at the top of your page has numbers then you need to claim the page name that you created, but you can't always do that until FB deems you have enough likes. It used to be 25, now I don't know.

There's info in the two long threads about claiming your name or just google it.

At some point facebook will start offering you your page as a tag or drop down. You type your page name then magically your page appears, you click on it and the page name appears in your comment.

If that's not confused you then you're doing very well indeed!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thank you for your swift answer Nemo. My page url does not have numbers in it - after the name it says ?ref=aymt_homepage_panel, whatever the heck that means....

I only have 15 likes so far :(

I do get an option to post as me or as my page. Does that mean facebook thinks I am an OK person already or am I being too optimistic? :)

Tag - never really understood this except when I see people have tagged each other in photographs so I am not doing very well, so far, am I?!

When you are kosher, do you just post your Facebook url and it magically converts to your property name on posting?

There seems to be no mention of tagging on my page but I don't have that on my personal page either which I am embarrassed to admit I have had since 2007 (but mostly not used) so I should know my way around by now!

Off to do more homework on those threads. Sigh - this takes up an awful lot of time, doesn't it!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I just type my page name with @ before (although that's not always necessary), not the URL and that is when FB offers it as a drop down/clickable link I guess is the best way to describe it. This is when you need page shots or to be in person. It would be much easier!

Posting as you or your page is a standard function. I think it's possible the tagging offer will just happen in due course?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Oh brilliant, I just typed the @ thing and it worked! Thanks, Nemo.

I was looking for Caroline H who liked me on Facebook. I hope I posted on the right page for her property! It is quite tricky matching LMH names to 'real' names to properties!!
tavi

Post by tavi »

just liked your page.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Nemo has become more techie than me. I didn't even understand the question :lol:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks Tavi (and Kevin too - I have just been for a visit to your villas - ni...c...e!
GRL

Post by GRL »

FelicityA wrote:It is quite tricky matching LMH names to 'real' names to properties!!
Please note I have made this easy for people :wink:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I've made it EVEN easier :)