right, now I'm on Twitter...any advice welcome.

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

right, now I'm on Twitter...any advice welcome.

Post by tavi »

am on there as cabanasbeachhut. Have even less idea what I'm doing than ever. Don't have any followers yet.

:cry:

:cry:
GRL

Post by GRL »

I've liked you :)
tavi

Post by tavi »

thanks Rosie.

8)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've popped by. :wink:

Start by joining one or two "hour" chats. Every day there are different hashtags through the day, several counties have one, lunchtime ones and all sorts. Search the hashtag of your choice and then join in the chat!

Retweet interesting and relevant tweets, follow relevant accounts and just see what happens! I always add people to a relevant list. It doesn't matter when you start but it's so much easier to find what you need if you have people in different lists once you have a few hundred followers.
tavi

Post by tavi »

thanks Nemo and thanks to you and Helen for the likes or whatever you call em.

I've linked my FB page to Twitter but my latest update doesn't seem to show the photo only the link to it. Is that normal or does the photo show on my followers' (all 3 of them) pages?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Facebook posts will only ever show up as links unless they're less than 140 characters in which case it will look like it originated on Twitter. I've seen posts saying things like "we've reached 1000 likes, thank you" on someone who has say 300 twitter followers. You then realise it's actually a facebook post! Photos etc you need to post direct to Twitter.
Essar

Post by Essar »

And the point of all this effort is?
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
tavi

Post by tavi »

Essar wrote:And the point of all this effort is?
Not entirely sure :D

brain exercise?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lots of us enjoy it Essar. Some even get great business from it. We know it's not your thing though :wink:
GRL

Post by GRL »

I've now had 6 bookings through Twitter :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Excellent Rosie. :D
GRL

Post by GRL »

Nemo wrote:Excellent Rosie. :D
Thanks Nemo - it also helps me keep in contact with previous guests, many of who have rebooked.
Oh and as a complete aside I have found a good friend who I last contact with years ago!
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

We get weekly bookings from Twitter so it works very well and compliments our other advertising sources

They take nothing which is better than commission based listing sites for advertising such as Booking.com etc.

:)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That's amazing Lindisfarne. I'm sure I've asked you before but how are you tracking them? I get a lot of traffic from twitter but I'm not aware of direct conversions.

What's the secret to your success there do you think? I get many followers but only follow those I want to. Should I be stalking more people? Saying hello personally to new followers?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Rosie wrote: I have found a good friend who I last contact with years ago!
That's my nightmare scenario and why I don't use Twitterbook. If I lost contact with a friend it's for a very good reason, probably because I owed them money. What's the point of moving several hundred miles and covering all my tracks only to go and announce my existence and whereabouts to all my creditors? :wink: