HL Email Bouncing

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
apexblue

HL Email Bouncing

Post by apexblue »

Issue with not receiving HL enquiries. Their response below.

I have checked your account and found that our system has your email address blacklisted meaning that your email provider has prevented our messages from reaching you and they’ve bounced the email back to us.

How would they know this?

Nearly missed a booking because of this when we sent a quote, guest paid but no email received from HL.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Possibly because they got a bounce-back message that told them so? If it happens a few times, I assume they then blacklist it.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I had this in reverse a few weeks ago. I replied to a French enquiry and my email was bounced back to me from the French guest's server telling me my ISP was blacklisted as trying to send spams.

There was a link to the French server's page where I found the confirmation. Was unblacklisted a few hours later. Still no idea what happened.

:?
JanB

Post by JanB »

I have also noticed this - sometimes it is due to the extra information added to a very long email address for HL booking manger replies.

And, the extra security needed to avoid spam does have an effect and will no doubt loom larger now that spammers and scammers are growing more and more sophisticated.

It is so inconsistent but, as I have said many times, all the big listing sites have problems with software not being appropriate for the job in hand.

They all assume ostrich positions when told of a problem. Little wonder their advertisers are finding other means to find bookings.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!