New Facebook Group - Book your Holiday direct with the Owner

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I've just created Book Your Holiday Direct with the Owner, Spain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/899040346785146/

lets see how it goes!

Not sure if I should have made it a page as opposed to a group?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

roxytoo wrote:I've just created Book Your Holiday Direct with the Owner, Spain

No a group is definitely the way forward. It isn't subject to the facebook algorithms etc - once you're a member you get to see as much or as little as you want. Well done for taking the bull by the horns!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Rosie wrote:Thank you Nemo for trying to clarify what our group is about and why.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to speak on your behalf Rosie, but remember talking to Sue quite a while ago when you were all first setting things up to work together and I can see from the group where you are aimed. The key will now be to spread the word as far as possible.
Rosie wrote:Obviously there is nothing to stop anyone else creating their own group to promote properties in their country or niche if they want to ;)
and someone has taken the initiative to do just that - well done roxytoo for your new Spanish group!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

roxytoo wrote:I've just created Book Your Holiday Direct with the Owner, Spain

lets see how it goes!

I've pinned my colours to the mast, but not sure where to take it from there in terms of promoting my place.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Can anyone tell me how to change the picture which appears in a post when you give your website address? The picture loaded into the group sections is of the front of the house but the one that shows up in posts is a slightly odd view of the lounge! No idea where FB has picked it up from.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

For myself I don't even know how to use this page. If someone can explain the merits and function I will be grateful :)
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I'm a bit new at it too casscat and I started it!! If you put your photo of your place into the comment box then go to photos (along the top) and if your place isn't listed name the album after the town and also put your photos there with an edit to the side going to your website

well i think thats how it should be done :?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

roxytoo - just a suggestion that you organise your albums into areas rather than specific towns. Spain is such a big place, I would anticipate your group being successful and then imagine how many albums you could end up with. :wink:

Just browse the original group - you can be a member you just can't post your accommodation. It'll be much easier for you to understand where to lead the group and rules to put in place.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Casscat wrote:UK and France? How do I place my rental in Spain or is that not possible? I have joined but will be interested to see how it develops.
plus 1 - but well done anyway
Last edited by lorca on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If not now, when?
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Just wondering, will holiday makers will want to join a closed group like this? I just wonder if that will put a lot of people off, unlike an open group where they do not need to be "approved" and there are no delays to see what it's about.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Cassis wrote:Just wondering, will holiday makers will want to join a closed group like this? I just wonder if that will put a lot of people off, unlike an open group where they do not need to be "approved" and there are no delays to see what it's about.
No it won't put them off Cassis. 16000 members of the dog friendly group I admin prove it doesn't. You just have to have enough people searching for holidays and with the relevant search terms they use bringing up the group. That's the bit I'm unsure about. Dog friendly is a very generic well used phrase. Maybe the bigger a group gets the more likely it is to come up in a search? I don't know that either!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Okay - I'll wait and see. I know the dog friendly group is a bit nutty, but maybe this one won't be.

But I'm still bemused why a group like this should be closed or by approval - why should it not be open? What on earth is there to approve??????
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Cassis wrote: What on earth is there to approve??????
Already Rosie has had to cancel membership of an agency that attempted to join which rather defeats the objectives of the group.
GRL

Post by GRL »

Cassis wrote:
But I'm still bemused why a group like this should be closed or by approval - why should it not be open? What on earth is there to approve??????
In a word - SPAM - it's harder to control it on an open group and as Nemo rightly points out the Dog Friendly group has 16,000 members so they must have found it somehow. Have you joined yet? Come and join us if you have not already - you have nothing to lose except a tiny bit of time adding your details and you could get some bookings. And if you don't you won't be out of pocket :wink: