New Facebook Group - Book your Holiday direct with the Owner

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Yes, but I still don't know how it will work. We can all post photos of our rather gorgeous holiday homes but how does that place the product in front of the rentals market?
GRL

Post by GRL »

roxytoo wrote:I set up the spain one as previous posts on here indicated they were not expanding so I put a link on there to get the spain one off the ground only to be advised that they are expanding and they are not sure how they feel about me putting a link to the spain one on there!!
Sorry if you felt we were not being helpful - we are still in the throws of deciding how exactly we will run the group. It is very unlikely that we will expand into other countries and we are unsure if having any new group who sets up promoting themselves on our group (or any other for that matter) would be helpful to either group concerned. It could be helpful for both or it could just be confusing for the public hence our slight reticence.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

People can go to the albums and click on photos of a property they like. Or once it gets known people can ask for dates for properties in a certain area. I am not convinced either but its worth a shot and its free!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Rosie it was a bit of a surprise as on 12th you said

I won't bore you all with all the details as to why we have set it up like this other than to say it is what suits us and our needs at this current time. Please do all still add your ideas and input and we will certainly take them on board.

Obviously there is nothing to stop anyone else creating their own group to promote properties in their country or niche if they want to

so I decided to set Spain up. I cant see how , by posting about Spain on a uk and france page, it would be detrimental for you
GRL

Post by GRL »

roxytoo wrote:Rosie it was a bit of a surprise as on 12th you said

I won't bore you all with all the details as to why we have set it up like this other than to say it is what suits us and our needs at this current time. Please do all still add your ideas and input and we will certainly take them on board.

Obviously there is nothing to stop anyone else creating their own group to promote properties in their country or niche if they want to

so I decided to set Spain up. I cant see how , by posting about Spain on a uk and france page, it would be detrimental for you
It may not be but if 20 or more people set up groups for all different countries (or for different types of groups for that matter) and then posted about them on our page our timeline would get clogged up and it would detract from what our group is promoting in cottages in UK and France. It is a common group policy to have a rule that says no other group is allowed to promote themselves on a group and this is what we are now adopting. As I said earlier, we are new to this so finding our feet and will be setting up rules as we go along to best suit our needs and those of our owners and holidaymakers.

Our group has already proved itself with it's first confirmed booking and looks like a really good way to go but groups for different areas and interests do need to keep themselves separate to avoid confusion. By all means copy from any group (ours included) what you like and ignore what you don't like and I hope Spanish properties will soon be reaping the benefits of this type of social media promotion.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

That's ok Rosie, I notice you've just put that on your tagged post
GRL

Post by GRL »

roxytoo wrote:That's ok Rosie, I notice you've just put that on your tagged post
Like I say, we are learning as we go along so sorry you got caught up in our indecision.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Can I just confirm please, with what you will think is a really really daft question.
I have a Facebook page for our cottage, but I do not have a personal Facebook page. Does this mean I cannot join either the dog holiday group or the holiday group in Facebook?

I am really trying (I think I am often very trying) with Facebook and Twitter but I really don't feel like I understand all the risks and implications of social media. You can tell this by my question. Just when I think it makes sense I read something else on here and feel like I have l have landed on another planet.

I would love to join the dog group on Facebook, Nemo. What do I need to do to apply?
GRL

Post by GRL »

For the Holidays in UK and France group you can certainly join without a webpage. Once you have been accepted you can add a picture of your property to any relevant photo album eg dog friendly and a link back to both your Facebook page and an advertising site if you wish ie OD if you advertise with them. You can then post up once a day on the group with another picture and links and you can include details of any offers you have etc. You also need to visit the group regularly to see any call outs from holidaymakers that you may be suitable for you.

You can always join and then lurk for a while to see how the group works. If you need any more help you can always send me a private message and I'll talk you though things. Never be afraid to ask questions about FB etc - we all were new to it once and we are all still learning about it ;)

You'll have to wait for Nemo to answer any questions about the dog friendly group although the 2 are, by default, very similar.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

zebedee, if you've got a business page on FB (which you have - I've just looked!) then you must have a personal page as you can only set up a business page from a personal account! You might never use it, of course, but you do have it :wink:
GRL

Post by GRL »

French Cricket wrote:zebedee, if you've got a business page on FB (which you have - I've just looked!) then you must have a personal page as you can only set up a business page from a personal account! You might never use it, of course, but you do have it :wink:
Not strictly true - when I first ventured blindly into Facebook I was able to set up a business page not linked to a personal page but it was really restricted in what I could do with it, namely I could not comment on other pages/groups etc. I don't know if you can still do this but after months of wondering why my comments were being ignored (ironically I could see them but no-one else could) I ditched the page, set up a personal page and created a business page from there.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Also, if you are into 'likes' on other people's pages (trying to get some for your own), I understand that business pages can like but they don't show or count on the pages being liked. Am I right? I just got liked on my cottage page by another business but the number didn't go up :-(
jlaceysmith

Post by jlaceysmith »

Rosie, thanks for this and good luck!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

FelicityA wrote:Also, if you are into 'likes' on other people's pages (trying to get some for your own), I understand that business pages can like but they don't show or count on the pages being liked. Am I right? I just got liked on my cottage page by another business but the number didn't go up :-(
Yes, you're exactly right, Felicity.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Rosie wrote:You'll have to wait for Nemo to answer any questions about the dog friendly group although the 2 are, by default, very similar.
Well, let's be clear here ... the dog friendly group was the originator of the group format adopted by the Book Direct group ...

I have nothing directly to do with the dog friendly group, other than being a member, but I'm a bit of a stickler for credit being given where it's due :wink: