Creating a Paypal Account

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Casscat

Creating a Paypal Account

Post by Casscat »

I have almost been reduced to tears by this because I haven't a clue what I'm doing and that's frustrating. I have reluctantly embraced the concept of enabling online card payments in the light of the relentless tide of 'fraud' articles in the popular press with reference to booking direct with the putative owner (implying that it's Russian roulette to pay by bank transfer). Spain-holiday encourages Paypal, and it doesn't necessitate a tie up with 'book now' so I'm okay with this. When I followed the link and entered my email it recognised that I already had a Paypal account (for ebay) so I selected 'upgrade'. Was this wrong? I do want my finca account to be separate from my fannying around on ebay account. I just got so far down the process and became lost so I closed down the tab. It was asking about buttons and I don't know what to request when I want to use the 'pay via Paypal' option on spain-holiday and my own web site. Guidance for this tech-moron much appreciated :cry:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

It sounds like you may want to go to a community help forum for PayPal, Casscat. But I do know that you can have two email addresses (perhaps more?) linked to your account so if you could have a separate one for your finca then that would sort the finca from the fannying.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Having many email accounts on the same paypal account only gives multiple accesses to the same account. There is really no point in having multiple PP accounts; I too ran a small ebay business for a short while using the same PP account that I use for the HL business. Because your income will be transferred to your bank accounts this is where you should keep it separate, treat PP just as a payment gateway a funnel for your funds.
I do recommend upgrading to a PP business account as this gives you more on-line options and less hassle when refunding.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Thanks Felicity and Essar - I will persist with the upgrade and suss out the whole business of linking it to my listings later! :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I have several emails linked to my account and two bank accounts. Money from my business gets withdrawn to one account and eBay or anything else goes to the other. I don't have a business account as yet, because personally I dislike Paypal and use it as little as possible!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm after a payment service that doesn't hit me with too many charges. I only have the one property not a fleet of them so my 'business' is uber small. I'd rather not take card payments at all, but I have to face up to the fact that my property will have broader appeal if I do. I will, reluctantly, enable online payment for OD and PayPal will be for Spain-holiday and my own web site.