It's true I tell you

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
annedab

It's true I tell you

Post by annedab »

The mug/egg thread has made me think about things we were told as children and just accepted as being true. I took great pleasure in telling my kids all sorts of rubbish, never thinking for a moment that they would actually believe it......although it did backfire slightly when OH was working abroad for a well known cereal company and it transpired that my girlie had told all her mates that her Dad was actually Tony the tiger and spent the week handing out free cereal to French people in supermarkets (he was actually managing their IT systems in the run up to the millennium Y2K) :oops: I got in a bit of trouble for that one :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

i worked with a lady who told her two children that the music played on the ice cream van (the one that drives around the streets) was to tell everyone that it had run out of ice cream

how cruel is that!?
annedab

Post by annedab »

Didn't realise we had worked together vacancesthezan :lol:
Regards

Anne

Essar

Post by Essar »

Ann's business was children's nurseries - the cook at one of the branches told the children that lunch that day was "chicken lips", it was actually chicken nuggets but the kids loved them anyway.
Several weeks later one of the mum's when collecting her precious asked where she got the "chicken lips" from; she couldn't find them anywhere and her child loved them.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I am loving this thread. Every post is a winner. Several years ago my grandson told his school mates that his dad was the manager of the Pokémon card factory. Result: Instant huge popularity.
annedab

Post by annedab »

I told my daughter that Golden Syrup was made of crushed lions and that's why there was a picture of a lion on the tin. She believed it for many, many years. It's not so much fun now they are grown up, but she will still occasionally start to tell people something that she firmly believes to be the case and only tail off when I start snorting with laughter.
Regards

Anne

teapot

Post by teapot »

I was going to post a funny one I told Mrs teapot, but I love her too much to make fun out of her. :oops:
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

When I left home and was living in a flat in the 70's we were all having a conversation about how mean parents could be. It was turning into a bit of a "4 Yorkshire Men" for me so I told them my dad used to go around and steal those collection boxes which stood outside shops. (Those of a certain age may remember the little boy with polio and calipers on his legs shown below). I said dad sawed the feet off to get the money out and there were loads under my bed and in my wardrobe which was one of the reasons I left home.

I really didn't expect to be believed so I was horrified a week later when one of my flat mates was repeating the story in the pub to someone. The more I insisted it was a joke and really wasn't true they though I was just embarrassed and back tracking. There's probably still folk in Whitley Bay who talk about my horrible dad!
enid

Post by enid »

The day my children foind out that I was Father Christmas one of them asked if I was the tooth fairy too? Sadly yes. But then the other said but the miney soider is real isn't it? A shake of my head and they both left childhood behind.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

enid wrote: the miney soider
The what?
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
enid

Post by enid »

Whoops the money spider I meant to say
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Good Lord, it's after wine o'clock!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Moliere wrote:Good Lord, it's after wine o'clock!