Twitter - first booking

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Twitter - first booking

Post by Nemo »

Now I know some here have had lots of bookings via Twitter, but I finally have my first, absolutely definite, booking with Twitter as the source. :D

It drives a good chunk of traffic to my website, but I've never been able to pinpoint an actual booking from that source. Now I'm a very happy fishie. :lol:
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Good on you! :)

I hope you didn't have to spend too much time in the Twittersphere at the expense of other stuff. I decided to pack it in, as for our B&B where individual bookings are relatively low value it wasn't worth the effort. There is no #Francehour never mind a #Normandyhour to give it focus, and I was wasting massive amounts of time on Twitter up until a couple of years ago. I just dip in occasionally when I've time nowadays.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

No I don't wastetime, but I do spend limited time on twitter chatting and connecting with people at various hours. I regard it as part of my "down" time! :wink:
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

I've tried, but can't seem to get the hang of tweeting (makes me feel a bit of a twit)

I can't find things to say regularly enough ...

Congratulations, Nemo, I think we all feel satisfied when someone gets custom without the big boys :D
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well done, Nemo - it's great to hear that your hard work is paying off.

I've decided to give Twitter a miss - I think it's less evidently useful for those of us working effectively in two languages and in more - um - remote parts of the Twittosphere :lol: . I've had a look at what gives for the Pyrenees - not much - and for the Ariège - almost nothing ... which means there are no useful networks to plug in to or people to connect with.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

CarolineH wrote:Congratulations, Nemo, I think we all feel satisfied when someone gets custom without the big boys :D
Thanks. :) It's clearly not for everyone and I appreciate it would be hard if as you say FC, you can't find much about your region etc. We must always put our energies, where we think we can gain the most value. I'm more than happy with my progress on social media in the last year. :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had a guide to Twitter from Promote my Place last week, it is probably on their blog page. I don't tweet anywhere near often enough.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Hey, well done! :D

Twitter is not for me, but congrats for spending the time on developing your presence and getting a result out of it.
tavi

Post by tavi »

well done nemo greeat news.

i'm still a newbie on twitter and really still not sure what use iit's going to be to me:)

Like fc - I feel limited by the two language/remote area scenario.

I did see something called #holidayhour today though....wonder if that might be of use.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Well done Nemo...you must fee chuffed to have this booking if only to prove that people are looking at your details. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes indeed. I wasn't convinced my market would be found on twitter, but just goes to show, guests can be found everywhere. :wink:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Well done, Nemo!

I am afraid Twitter is just a step too far out of real life (by which I mean in terms of time consumption) for me. But it seems to have come a long way from 'this is my lunch' (image of plateful attached) and 'OMG I have just seen the fattest woman ever!' sort of comments. I spend long enough in front of a screen as it is but I am really pleased when someone gets one over on the 'big boys' and I hope it expands and expands I will be left behind in the social media race I fear although I am doing Facebook, which I resisted for a long time.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Congratulations Nemo! Very encouraging ....

My Google Plus posts go onto Twitter automatically on a daily basis. When I have a bit more time I will try to do more on Twitter ...
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I just had a quick look at your Google+ page rosebud - it's lovely and very inspiring. I know you've done the course, but is there a simple programme or software you use to post them automatically? I've tried a few different programmes and none of them were ideal. I don't post as often on facebook now, so I have linked my fb posts back to twitter which just helps keep twitter ticking along.

I've had a facebook booking today too, just from someone doing a simple google search. There's no question that if you put the time in, then social media pays dividends. :)
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Hi Nemo - thanks!
I am using 'Friends Plus Me'