Plagiarism

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
annedab

Plagiarism

Post by annedab »

Following on from some recent discussions on another thread, a very straightforward article posted by PMP this morning......

http://www.promotemyplace.com/blog/holi ... o-about-it
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Thanks for that, annedab : a really useful article
annedab

Post by annedab »

Nice to see something written in plain English - even I could understand it!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Wow, I wonder if they drafted that as a direct result of my email conversation with them! I told them that I had spotted the plagiarism as a result of using Copyscape upon recommendation. They couldn't help me address the offender but sent me a web link about the steps you can take to have the stolen copy taken down. This article includes much of what was in the piece they directed me to, but includes reference to using Copyscape.

One thing that their article omits is the one that worked for me in the end - approaching the third party sites where the word thief advertises. Typically they use the same borrowed descriptions not just on their own web site but across the board wherever they advertise. OD didn't even acknowledge my email so I contacted HL by telephone and they took the matter very seriously indeed. I provided exactly what they asked me to provide and they clearly contracted the advertiser to threaten him with something or other unless he amended his listing. Within 24 hours he had emailed me to apologise and had changed all of this ads.