Please review our website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
VillaMari

Please review our website

Post by VillaMari »

Hello everyone,

I am new in the forum and have started to advertise Villa Mari online for the past couple of weeks. Your feedback on the website would be appreciated.

www.villa-mari.eu
Directly on the beach
Villa Mari - www.villa-mari.eu
Villa Petra - www.villa.hr
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Welcome to LMH!

Just 2 points from me. Personally I don't like the white blocks of description across the pictures. They obscure the 'photo.

Also please put your rates on. Many guests will just go on to the next property if they can't even get an idea of the cost.

Good clear pictures though.

Good luck.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The first impression it looks very nice as most of the layout is driven by the template you've chosen. However, when you've been made to actually add some content, I sense laziness. General description and prices look like some rough notes you've made. It's well worth putting in a bit more effort there.

Technically the site is not bad. Some of the images are the wrong size and have either been scaled up (which will loss you clarity) or scaled down (will lose loading performance).

For the multiple languages, have a look into specifying the alternative sites. eg Google how this works: link rel="alternate" hreflang="de"

Hope you stick around.
VillaMari

Thanks

Post by VillaMari »

Hi,

thank for the reviews. I will upgrade it with your comments.
Directly on the beach
Villa Mari - www.villa-mari.eu
Villa Petra - www.villa.hr
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Lovely location! :D I agree that you need to get your pricing information on there, and also an availability calendar.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Welcome to Lay My Hat.
Your website has lots of great photos, but I would like to see more written information about the property before I committed to making a booking. As I can't see even a rough idea of the cost of the villa, I would start to look for somewhere with clearer pricing and availability. I would want to see a calendar and a pricing table before I even think about completing your contact form.
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

Lovely looking property :)

Really strong images. I'd agree with previous comments about adding pricing. If people can't find pricing they will often move very quickly onto the next property. Same goes with an availability calendar.

I'd add some more content about the area. What is there to do, what's nearby, restaurants, activities etc.

Just my 2c.