Flipkey...first booking...no idea what to do

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
brendan

Flipkey...first booking...no idea what to do

Post by brendan »

I've had my first booking from Flipkey which is great but I've no idea what to do.

I understand the dosh arrives after they check in which isn't an issue.

Specifically can I now have direct contact with the client? On the dashboard it invites me to send him a message - so if I include my own e mail address or attach any doc.s will that be rejected by the flipkey system? I'm just not used to these commission sites and my control freak side is throwing a wobbly!
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

I am with them but on a subscription bases as I want to stay in control of communication with the guest. I did get involved in a mix up with them recently though and they took and processed 2 bookings for me which they were not supposed to do.

I had to cancel as they took them for changeover days that we do not offer. I was able to contact one of the guest by phone taking the number from the details they provided so managed to rescue that one as they changed their arrival day.

It looked to me though other than that issue, (which remains an issue if you have set changeover days as their system doesn't cope with that) that they were efficient in their dealings with the guest. I think I could have just sat back and let it all happen. A bit like I do for the bookings I get from my website online booking system.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Brendan - if he has paid, then both of you should now have each other's email addresses.

Go to your dashboard and the tab Bookings.> view your bookings.

If you have more than one property you use the drop down for Manage Bookings for.....otherwise it shows your bookings for one property

Your 1st booking should be in green 'Booked'. Go to View details/cancel booking in the right hand column, click through to a green arrow facing downwards in the same column. Press on that and then View conversation which lights up green and takes you to a page NEXT STEP. Click on Show contact details and you will get telephone number and email address.

Complicated - eh.
Lots of clicks! A bit like booking with Ryanair up until recently.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Got it..Thanks Felicity. Have sent them an e mail so feel better now!
brendan

Post by brendan »

Well, I e mailed the guest last week and have received nothing in reply which seems strange. They're not due until the end of the month, but still....

If it were me I'd be anxious to make contact with an owner and find out things like how to get there etc.

Have a funny feeling about this one!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Of course it could be that your email has dropped into his spam box. I would email him through the system assuming that this has happened and ask him to check for the missing email. If he has just been remiss about answering he can then pretend that this is what happened. Don't actually put the email address in full in your message, just part of it, in case the FlipKey system is set to prevent this in messages ( even though they gave it to you!).
brendan

Post by brendan »

Good advice, Felicity, thank you. I'll leave it 'til Monday just in case he's a busy chap and was waiting til the w/end to deal with me.

Cheers