Feefo - a bad experience

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
klockstone

Post by klockstone »

This is a slur. If we behaved that way owners would talk to each other.
This was in reply to 'Not in our experience'. Fine – but others have had that experience – that's all.

Owners rarely talk to each other and I believe that agencies actively discourage such discussion. I challenge all agencies to promote laymyhat.com in their newsletters.
People looking for a good deal are not as stupid as you imply.
There's a difference between being ignorant and stupidity.

The title of the thread is 'Feefo - a bad experience'. I'm sure all those you quoted have advocates as well as detractors.
If you opt out you will pay a price
My point is we're in and paying the price for it. Trading Standards would have a ball with this one. That 33% figure is misleading and potentially causing loss of bookings.
Blaming Feefo for what appears to be a problem, elsewhere, appears unjust
The sample size is the problem. I suggest you refer Feefo to this discussion and let them contribute.
As for your remark about booking services participating in and being aware of general dishonest or inappropriate practices....
Come come - you would say that wouldn't you.
Have you never been tipped off about the danger of getting too close to someone who later proves to be dangerous company?
Once – and it led me to look into the psychlogy of sociopaths. As a warning I put up some material on my home page that regularly gets over 200 hits per day.
Finally, I for one, do not like revelling in the supposed negativity of others …
I quoted one counter-example to your assertion – that's all.

Keith.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Although it does seem like banging the drum for Feefo they recently responded to the latest fake review scandal this:

"Every review can be matched to a genuine transaction. There are no fakes. No one can write a review on Feefo unless they are invited, and we will only invite if you inform Feefo they are a genuine customer, backed up with a genuine transaction reference."

Although, as a buyer, I have never been misled when staying at cottages, I was badly misled buying a clock radio for my partner. The first five reviews were very good with one complaining the light from the digits was 'a bit bright'. Then on, after I had bought one, a torrent of negative reviews appeared. It was highly likely the first five reviews were fake. I felt cheated and, worse, was quite angry giving a duff present to someone else.

We do get our fair share of what we feel are unjust reviews but that's life. There is no doubt the Feefo reports on how we behave have been a major factor for our gaining new cottages and owner confidence.

But when you get a bad review it can ruin the day or even a part of the week. The review system still has to develop but, I think, at least Feefo has done something right here. http://www.feefo.com/en/en/reviews/Coun ... &id=377108

When we get a bad review, it can take a long time to push the percentage back up but consistency of service is crucial.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting