Towels??

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mouse,

I don't quite understand why a larger room should have larger towels unless it is that larger people occupy larger rooms.

Joan supplies a full set of towels per person whether the room or the person is large or small.

Generally speaking, if the towels are loop-pile you get pulls, if they are cut-pile you don't.

Fluffy - that's me and the towels.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Its a customer service thing for me Alan, I don't need to get them, no-one has 'complained' about the towels I've supplied so far but - I need to get new towels.
So I have a choice - I can afford to get nicer ones and it would be a 1% improvement on the service that should delight the guests (a small touch of luxury)

However - if they lend themselves to being more susceptible to plucks then the 1% goes out of the window!!!

BTW - I am impressed with your towel knowledge (your nickname of fluffy is well deserved!)....I have no idea if mine are looped or cut pile....I am off to investigate!

Mouse
x
p.s. do the longer 'loops' pluck more?
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
debk

Post by debk »

I don't quite understand why a larger room should have larger towels unless it is that larger people occupy larger rooms.
:)

signed,
debk who personally hates bath sheets
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mouse,
Its a customer service thing for me Alan
Absolutely!

I'm not going to point you in the direction of any particular supplier. It's seven years since I did any towel buying so my information is totally out of date.

With a little research I am sure you will find a source of top quality towels at a modest price - shop sales, warehouse clearances and all of that.

If I were you, to get the best value I would buy by the bale - sets including from the largest to the smallest.

My knowledge of towels? Sad isn’t it? It’s just that I like top quality fluffy towels and am prepared to spend some time finding them.

I work on the assumption that if it’s good enough for me it’s good enough for my guests. In other words, I would not supply to a guest anything I would reject for myself. Joan and I apply that to everything we supply.

Fluffy
debk

Post by debk »

Mouse -

All our towels are from Textura, a Spanish company with more than 50 stores through Spain. We've been using their basic line of white towels for three years. Good quality, good prices and *FLUFFY*. :) Worth a phonecall/visit?

http://www.textura-interiors.com

debk
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thanks Debk - yes we have a textura in ibiza so I could take a look (and wait for a sale!), just out of interest how much did you pay for yours and do they sell them in bales?

Mouse (who now knows that her towels are looped...thanks to Fluffy!)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Vally

Post by Vally »

debk who personally hates bath sheets
We obviously use them for both the hotel and cottages ...but I really thought I was the only person in the world who hates using them,( and washing them , drying them and ...yes I do..ironing them)
debk

Post by debk »

I really thought I was the only person in the world who hates using them
Bath sheet haters unite! :twisted:
how much did you pay for yours and do they sell them in bales?
Mouse, they should be on sale NOW. August. Probably less than €25 for bath, hand and face towel set. Fortunately, you can buy them piece-by-piece. (I buy fewer face towels... they seem to last forever.) And they get fluffier and fluffier, as long as you don't overdry them, obviously. Hope they have something for you.
debk
Ju

Post by Ju »

Alan Knighting wrote:
I work on the assumption that if it’s good enough for me it’s good enough for my guests. In other words, I would not supply to a guest anything I would reject for myself. Joan and I apply that to everything we supply.

Fluffy
This is obviously where I am going wrong! I use towels (and sheets and duvets and furniture) which I wouldn't dream of giving to my guests. It is we who use the towels that have bleach marks, thread pulls and faded patches, it is we who use the sheets with the yellow stains, and the broken elastic at the corners. Our guests get all the good stuff and we get the rejects.

Ju
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ju,

If you are going wrong at all it is in how you regard yourselves.

You obviously treat your guests in the same way as do we. The difference is we treat ourselves at the same level and you don't.

Rejects don't exist for us, they become dust sheets, etc.

Fluffy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Here, here ! Things stained by other people don't exactly appeal to me either, so they become rags of some sort. The only "leftovers " I use are things like half empty washing up liquid cos I always leave a new one, sometimes a bottle of brandy has been opened and if folks are flying then they can't easily take it home , so I use that up as well. Old sheets might be used to cover a bit of furniture in store or something like that. I do understand Ju's point though- she is a businesss with a young family to bring up on the income generated- a different kettle of fish altogether. That's what's great about this site- such diverse people but all wanting to make a successful job of what we do, brilliant!! :lol: :D
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,
That's what's great about this site- such diverse people but all wanting to make a successful job of what we do, brilliant!!
Don't you just love it?

I am a member of a Forum or two (nothing to do with self catering) and it's like chalk and cheese. The others are used as soap boxes by people spewing politically and religiously motivated prejudiced nonsense. A lot of the time you can’t say a word without getting your head bitten off. They tend to be addictive but I’m binning them.

Joan and I were brought up on the “hand me down� basis and we adopted it when we had a family. We don’t anymore for no better reason then we can.

In all of this the one thing we hate is the idea that second best is good enough for guests. We spent many self catering holidays living with other peoples’ junk; we determined that our guests would never do so. For us, only the best is good enough for our guests.

FF
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Ju said
Our guests get all the good stuff and we get the rejects.
I agree Ju! We had to buy a brand new leather suite for the villa 2 weeks ago...and I made the comment that the guests have a better lounge suite to sit on than we have!!
As far as the infamous 'yellow stains'...I've kept the pillow cases for our own use as the stains are not caused through dirt....but the single sheets that are stained are of no use to us, so they get used as dust sheets or polishing cloths.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

On another note about towels....I've decided to 'change my ways' and provide pool towels for guests! :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Crystal, I am considering it too for when our pool is finished, but I will have to discuss it with my friend first, as she will get the extra laundry. Thing is I'd rather they used my pool towels, than sneak the good cream ones to the pool.Edit-not sure where I'll put them, but our shared pool will have a changing cubicle for each apartment , so maybe we could leave them there.