guests that stay 1 night and go home

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
blackdog

guests that stay 1 night and go home

Post by blackdog »

we were shocked today when we got an email from a familly that arrived Saturday evening and left Sunday morning. They said that the place had such a bad smell that they could not bear it! also that they had to mop the floor, the tablecloth was unwiped, the bathroom shower screen was dirty and tho the sheets were lovley and clean the bed was like a sack of spuds.I have spoken to our housekeeper and she said she did everything as normal and is now very upset.The thing is we have only had positive feedback in he past and my own cousin had vacated earlier that day with her party and they had been delighted with the whole set up, and definatly no smells, I asked her to be brutally honest and she was happy, and she is really picky in general.
I have told this client that because she did not contact our housekeeper to discuss their complaints that I am not prepared to refund anything whereas had she telephoned and got the housekeepr down there to establish the facts we would have either sorted the problem out to thier satisfaction, arranged alternative accommodation or sorted a refund but they just bolted, we are all upset as we have only ever had delighted clients in the past. Has anyone any advice, it just seems really strange to me.
oskar

Post by oskar »

Sounds like they needed to leave for some reason and have made up a list of complaints to try and get their money back. Don´t refund a penny. As you say, they should have made any complaint known at the time.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Oh, we had that family stay with us a few years ago. I felt really sorry for them. Everyone else has an absolutely fantastic time with no complaints, then along comes this family who don't like the view, think the beach is too small and leave after 3 days, completely missing out on all the fun because they like being miserable people and there's no pleasing them. Luckily, they are one in a hundred, so don't let it knock your confidence or upset your cleaners, who are an easy target if you're not on site.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Definately no refund. If there was no complaint made at the time, and you have a string of satisfied customers then they have no hold on you.

Like Joanna says, some people will never be happy!
Ju

Post by Ju »

One other thought, has someone been to check over the property since they left? It may be that they have cause some damage, and this is a pre-emtive strike to take the blame away from them. (sorry I've got a suspitious mind).