HELP - Colour themes in gmail

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

HELP - Colour themes in gmail

Post by pambon »

I have been experimenting as I wanted to put a coloured square beside some emails which I already did some years ago and can't now remember how I did it and can't find them anyway. However, while experimenting I pressed on a colour them which has now changed the background of my whole gmail page :cry:

Worse still, I can't find a way to delete it and return to normal! Please advise.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Google's interpretation of "intuitive" is based on that which a Martian might find useful, not any Earth humans.

Did you mean a coloured square next to some emails or next to some email labelled groups (i.e. the list on the left ) ??

If you mean the latter, which is the only coloured squares I can see, then hover over the group name and on the right of the name you'll see a small down triangle. Click that and see a drop down menu, with the first item being colour choice.

To change the overall colour scheme/theme, click on the down triangle next to the cog wheel top right, and in the drop down menu, select "theme".
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
pambon

Post by pambon »

Thanks e-richard. Why is gmail so complicated :cry:

Have done as you said and got it but there is a letter (A) on each square in the window that opens and I don't want a letter just a simple coloured tile next to the group email; any help there?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Pambon, I did warn you :wink:
You need to think like a Martian, and just ignore the little a in the menus. It won't actually appear in real life.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !