What to charge for key holding?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ju

What to charge for key holding?

Post by Ju »

We have some repeat customers who like the area so much that they want to buy here. We think that they will ask us to be key holders / property managers for them.

We have never done this before, and wouldn't want to do it except for people we know. How much would be a reasonable amount to charge? It will all be put through the books, and TVA will be charged.

Ju
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ju, it depends how much they expect you to do. We get charged 15% of our rental.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

here the going rate is 20% of the rental Ju. But I do know it is a very stressful way of earning income. My friend does it and is gradually offloading the houses she look safter as she is sick and tired of getting 'panic' phonecalls at all hours of the day and night to solve sometimes trivial issues.

I would suggest if you do it then make sure the houses are very well maintained. It limits the hassle. Or take the maintenance over on the houses as well as the rentals.

good luck

Mouse
x