Website name

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
isplumm

Website name

Post by isplumm »

Hi all ...

I have been developing a website for my gite in France - after clear advise from everyone on here I have managed to update it ... now need to come with a name ....

thinking of something like

lapellerineloire or lapellerineloirevalley - la pellerine is the village where the house is ... most likely going to go for a .co.uk address - should I be looking to use something else as well - e.g.. com or .fr?

Thinking of using godaddy.com as the domain register - any recommendations?

What about email - is it worth using godaddy.com @ £3 a month or is there a better tool out there?

Thanks Mark
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

The .com is likely to be the better one to go for. I started with .com and recently added .co.uk for a couple of quid so now I have it on a redirect to my .com site. Hopefully your potential guests will be global so a .com address is more obvious, particularly as your place is in France and not the UK. Once you decide upon the name you should acquire the .fr address too.

GoDaddy has a dire reputation here and far beyond these walls, but that is as a web design resource. Not sure about domain hosting, but I use namesco and I've been happy.
pete

Post by pete »

I remember a good piece of advise years ago which I ignored to my detriment !

you may have to spell your domain address in many languages, so make sure you can.

Keep it short
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

pete wrote:I remember a good piece of advise years ago which I ignored to my detriment !

you may have to spell your domain address in many languages, so make sure you can.

Keep it short
Good point.
Just think of the possibilities for misspelling lapelerinloire in English, never mind other languages.