I have guests!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
garlic

I have guests!

Post by garlic »

A quick update for all those who have been following my saga!

Oh how frantic have the last two weeks been. I've been working until 2am most nights and starting again at 8am. I was saved because I have three fantastic helpers here at the moment (does anybody else use helpx?) but also hampered because one of our llamas died suddenly.

Between us we have used 100litres of white emulsion and 40litres of wood paint. We have created a garden that is fantastic from scratch and discovered that the whole eggs that were put on the compost last summer can be dug up still intact just ready to explode and send us all running. I've built a wall, we've exposed most of the stone on the front wall. I tiled the shower and a bit of the kitchen. The list of things we did is just so amazing. We had one day to shop for everything we needed for the house and the smallest budget in existance. On Saturday we realised all the plant shops were closed and faced the prospect of a garden with no plants! Yesterday at 3pm and with our guests due to arrive a 4pm we still had the kitchen worktops to finish the garden to plant, curtains to hang, hanging baskets to hang, the living room to clean and a tip of rubbish to shift...I don't think the telly could have beaten us for makeovers we were such a team and at 3.50 everthing was spotless and looking fantastic...When our guests rolled up just a couple of hours late we were sitting on my patio drinking sangria and I'd even had time to change out of my filthy shorts and tee shirt...

For the last few days we've had most of the village coming to check on our progress slapping their thighs laughing when they heard when our guests were due...they didn't think we could do it, we didn't think we could do it.
I've never been so exausted in my life I don't think.

So the guests are in and they seemed pretty pleased with what they found...phew relieved, happy and going out for dinner this evening! :) :D :D :D :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Well done Garlic! I bet you really appreciate your dinner tonight - you certainly deserve it for all your hard work! Congratulations on getting everything ready.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Well done! I bet the sangria went down well.

I also use helpex.
enid

Post by enid »

For the last few days we've had most of the village coming to check on our progress slapping their thighs laughing when they heard when our guests were due...they didn't think we could do it, we didn't think we could do it.
I've never been so exausted in my life I don't think.
This sounds like a chapter from our story!!

Well done - let those bones and muscles rest a little now. I'm sure your guests will have agreat time.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Well done to all of you! Its great when you have a real team effort.
As my husband is one of those 'leave it 'til the last possible minute' types I know how motivating it can be to get things done against the clock!

And I'm glad you proved everyone wrong!

Hopefully you can have a few days rest to let all you achieved sink in.

Mouse
x
Vally

Post by Vally »

My husband is a leave it merchant too , we opened our first cottage with 20 minutes to spare and our 2nd with 3!!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Garlic..I can appreciate what you went through to get your property ready with minutes to spare....we had a nightmare getting our kitchen tiled (a long story, all to do with cowboy tradesmen who didn't know a thing about tiling, but claimed they did! :evil: ) which ended being completed by another tiler on the day of check-in. The tiling and cleaning was done literally with mintues to spare before the guests arrived.

Anyway, great to hear that you got everything done. Well done!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Garlic

While our endeavours were not as herculean, it reminds me when we were setting up our cottage when Jane got a phone call from someone wanting to come two days later. It was flat out for two days and the job was done - if it hadn't been for that phone call, it would have been another couple of weekends before we finished!

Well done - put your feet up for a few days to recover.

John