First OD online booking!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

First OD online booking!

Post by Sam V »

Result! I set up online booking on my account just last week and have now taken my first online booking for 2016!

I'm setting up templates and uploads as I go along but I hope to now continue most communication process of this booking via PIMs. I'm guessing the final payment will be taken/requested automatically via OD

I don't want to speak too soon, but new OD is starting off for me better than old OD!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

My gob is truly smacked :mrgreen: Did all the pricing info appear correctly on their quote? And how do you feel about a booking with someone you have had no prior interaction with?
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Casscat wrote:My gob is truly smacked :mrgreen: Did all the pricing info appear correctly on their quote? And how do you feel about a booking with someone you have had no prior interaction with?
Yes, the pricing was spot on, I entered the dates, etc into PIMs to compare. I've adjusted the rates for all my potential online booking listings to include air con and pool heating, which is usually an optional extra, so I have no problems with trying to add them on if they were requested later. I've also uploaded my booking contract and T&Cs, so If he's not happy with that he can cancel.

Its a 7 night booking for two people, so pretty straight forward. I think if the pricing didn't match I would be able to adjust it accordingly, I'd be more concerned if it was under quoted rather than over!

I'm now about to email him to complete our PIMs booking form, I'm not too worried at this stage with not having any prior contact with him. so I'm just hoping he's happy to continue and I will see more details from him when the booking form is completed.

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

tavi

Post by tavi »

Interesting to see how you get on Sam. Keep us posted :)

How do the guests pay?
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

tavi wrote:Interesting to see how you get on Sam. Keep us posted :)

How do the guests pay?
Appears to be credit card payment direct to OD. I think I have to wait for it to be paid onto me.

Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Nice one Sam....do keep us posted on the process. I haven't yet decided whether to offer this or not. I suppose I will see how many competitors take it up and how convoluting the process regarding payment etc.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have added online payments but not online booking. Maybe I will start to lose my uneasiness about the latter in time, particularly if there is positive feedback here.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes, I definitely want to be kept informed of the process, but as yet I'm not going down that route. I had an enquiry last night that I responded to immediately and they are now booking, so we managed without the online booking. It will, I'm sure, depend longer term on the take up by our competitors though.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I assume it is similar to the HAUK process, which has been used once or twice for my apartment. System seriously overquoted on the 2nd occasion, possibly my own fault TBHM and I ended up refunding about 250€.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Great Sam. I'm still sitting on the fence so please do keep us informed. My main concern is that with bank transfers the money is safe in my hands but I fear fraudulent charge backs with on line payments, which is my main reason for hesitating.
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Well, all seems to be progressing easily. I sent my standard template from PIMS requesting the completion of our booking form and I received an email back from the guest that in error he'd put two guests and not four, not a problem for me. He also mentioned he would have booked direct with me had he known! I've confirmed from now I'll communicate from PIMS unless OD is the better option at the time.

Tbh, the process is well laid out from the dashboard. It states the deposit payment is complete and I should have the funds in my account within 5-7 business days. The final payment, including security deposit, will be transferred as per my 60 days setting. The only 'real work' I had to do was to compose an appropriate template to accept the booking and I uploaded attached my own T&Cs, booking conditions and my list of extra fees (cot hire, etc)

I can't see/find it on my iPad, but yesterday from my laptop it was possible to see what emails the guest had received from OD following the payment.

In my PIMS I've added a note and reminder (dated a week after his departure date) that the booking is an OD online booking to prompt me that this is 'no ordinary booking'!