X Factor - Bah...

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
DivineMrsM

X Factor - Bah...

Post by DivineMrsM »

What a waste of too many hours of my life. I LOVE these type of shows, but I just can't see Steve as having the X Factor.

And I can't BELIEVE that Simon Cowell, who Exec Produces and owns the format of the show, would go out and nick the whole G4 concept, prior to the end of the series. I've just watched all those Jose Carreras wannabees under the name of El Divo ( Simon Cowell act) on the "I've got an audience with donny osmond" pants that's running right now on ITV.

Poo.

Bah Humbug.

sorry for ranting....!
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302
Vitraux

Post by Vitraux »

Hi there Mrs M

I couldn't agree more, El divo are a manufactured group, who look more like fashion models than classical singers.

G4 are the real thing and deserve a chance.

The whole thing is a fix, it is not a coincidence that out of the three remaining catagories, each 'judge' got to manage one each (do they think we were born yesterday) also a coincidence that G4, Tabby and Steve all have singles coming out on the same day!!

Still I watched every program and even tried to watch the come dancing one on the BBC at the same time how sad is that :oops:

By the way I am also in the Dordogne and am Mrs. M too.

Ann
You must learn from the mistakes of others.
You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

And I can't BELIEVE that Simon Cowell, who Exec Produces and owns the format of the show, would go out and nick the whole G4 concept, prior to the end of the series
I saw Il Divo being interviewed and they auditioned for the group in April which was well before the X Factor auditions, so I don´t think that Simon nicked the idea. I also read somewhere that Jonathon from "G4" had auditioned for "Il Divo" but had been turned down!

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you though, I think that they have wonderful voices - three of them were professional opera singers prior to joining the group!

P.S. And I like Steve too.....how sad am I!!!
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

I read that too about Jonathan. If that's the case, then that makes me even more cynical that Simon was already familiar with Jonathan when he did the whole "you're a superstar" thing at their X Factor audition :? .

I'm not sure that April would have been prior to the X Factor auditions. I can't remember when they actually started, but it was a long time before they were broadcast on TV.

Sorry for dissing Il Divo :oops: . I don't really think they're hopeless - I was just annoyed about the whole thing when I made my post. :wink:

I've since watched the Sharon Osbourne Steve Attack again. It really was extremely vitriolic. Makes you wonder where that came from... :shock: .

Hi Vitraux - unfortunately, I'm not actually in the Dordogne :( , but our property is. It belongs to my sister. How's the weather there right now? She's on her way back from a holiday in South Africa so I suspect the cold weather will come as a shock :wink: . By the way, your B&B looks gorgeous!
Lynne
and
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

I read that too about Jonathan. If that's the case, then that makes me even more cynical that Simon was already familiar with Jonathan when he did the whole "you're a superstar" thing at their X Factor audition .
I know what you mean but I´m sure that thousands auditioned for the "Il Divo" group too and I wouldn´t be surprised if Simon didn´t remember him. Perhaps he´s not as good singing alone!!!

Can you tell I´m a fan of Simon´s???! :wink:
Vitraux

Post by Vitraux »

Hi divine Mrs M

Thanks for the comments about my B & B.

As far as the weather goes it is nice and sunny at the moment with about 12 degrees, but dropping to around 1 degree at night, still lovely blue skies ,so no complaints from me.

Ann
You must learn from the mistakes of others.
You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

Linda Freese wrote: Can you tell I´m a fan of Simon´s???! :wink:
We love Simon in our house too. Particularly our 9yr old son who does a very fine impression of him :lol:. Mr Cowell definitely knows what he's talking about. He's usually big enough to admit it when he makes a mistake too. Although I did find the "manufactured" animosity between the judges a bit tiresome at times.

I can't imagine Jonathan not standing out even singing alone .... in fact, he wouldn't need to sing at all for me to take notice... :wink: 8) . That tall skinny one is pretty gorgeous too. Needs to eat a few pies though.... :)
Lynne
and
paolo

Post by paolo »

Here's one for your Xmas wish lists then:

"X Factor Revealed: Greatest Auditions Ever" on DVD

I didn't watch this show, but I do enjoy the auditions before the deeply deluded are filtered out.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

Ah now, you see....I have a problem with this DVD.

Having worked in the TV industry, I completely understand that "you sign your release form, you takes your chance". But whilst I don't object to the mad, bad and dangerous to know being poked fun at on the TV show, I feel it us wrong to market that as a profitable venture.

If I were to take part, I would be reluctant to sign a release form on that basis. Unfortunately, that would mean that I wouldn't get to audition .... :( (oh la...there goes my singing career.... :roll: :shock: :lol: )

The TV show is (committed to be) paid for at the point that it is commisioned. The DVD release is money in the pockets of the production company, DVD company and probably broadcaster, courtesy of the people who, in all innocence, put themselves up for ridicule and will (I suspect) receive not one penny for this commercial release. Without them it wouldn't exist - seem fair to you? :cry: .

Doesn't feel right to me.
Lynne
and
paolo

Post by paolo »

You're right of course (but I would still watch it :shock: ).
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

We don't watch very much television, so a lot of what is said about it here goes straight over my head.(I still don't know who Sean Hughes is!) However, I've just seen a little of Il Divo, and can only assume that the DivineMrsM, needs glasses! :lol: :lol:
Four young, dark-haired, brown-eyed, Italian-looking men who can sing are absolutely fine in my book!
Maggie
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Four young, dark-haired, brown-eyed, Italian-looking men who can sing are absolutely fine in my book
!

Spanish, Swiss, French & American - no Italians!! But yes, I agree very nice to look at & listen to of course!!! :wink:
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

I did say Italian-looking!
Actually, my husband told me that they all came from Coventry, and I believed him! Not that there's anything wrong with Coventry, but it doesn't have much of an air of romance, does it?
They've suddenly become even more appealing :lol:
Maggie