Domain Servers

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
alec

Domain Servers

Post by alec »

Recently I decided on an url for my website and purchased same, not expensive on further investigation I now need a Domain Server for this URL do any of the readers have good reports regarding cost and serviceability and help desk interface ( I will need a lot of Help Desking I am afraid) :P
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I went with http://ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk/hosting.php

They were user friendly, quite cheap, & there were no problems loading up the site I made on frontpage. It is dead easy to amend the web site detail as well.

I am sure though there are many as good, if not better.

Robert
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I second what Robert said, www.ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk are excellent. I've been with them several years and I have never had any unscheduled downtime of my site. In addition to this, Neil and Paul, who run the site answer any queries or problems that you may have within about 10 minutes of logging the call. I would highly recommend them.
alec

Post by alec »

Thanks for your help that gives me a baseline
Leo

Post by Leo »

Susan / Robert,

Just the question I wanted answering. I had a look at their web-site and the question I now have is which package do I need? I have just started to build a website on Frontpage so it may be premature but how do you know which web hosting package to go for?
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I went for the £25 per annum one, (cheapest) which is adequate for all my needs. The daily feedback stats are excellent.
Robert
alec

Post by alec »

what a wonderful set of people you all seem to be
Thanks
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have the same, the bronze package. Leo, they also have some tutorials on getting started with Frontpage and Dreamweaver which I found far more helpful than the softwares' own help notes. It might be worth having a look if you are starting out.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Thanks for your replies. I saw on their web-site that there were some tutorials on using Frontpage and Dreamweaver. I have been working through a number of Frontpage tutorials on the microsoft website which have been really good.