What to do about badly behaved guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

I avoid non family groups, strangely I just emailed a 5 adult enquiry saying sorry families only, he said we are 2 married couples & an 80 y old mother.

I have had noisy guests & neighbours complain. You can see both sides - your guests paid, get drunk, are on holiday, don't give a stuff about your neighbours.

Your neighbours want a quiet life & night noise travels.

I have a clause in my t & cs (copied from National Trust of all people) basically saying you will be evicted if you cause a nuisance. If a neighbour calls to complain I would go & speak directly with the guests, record the warning on my phone (leave it on record).

Second offense I'd evict them, or call the police. The fine here in spain can be 1000s of euros, 3200e was recently charged to the tenants having a noisy party. Pay up or go to the cells till you can.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

My favourite complaint was that the battery in one of the kiddies toys had run down. It was one of those plastic books with noises, and poor man had to make all the animal noises himself, Seriously, he complained about that.

Apparently I should check all the toys are working. Well I said, that's easily solved, I will remove the toys completely after all they were not part of the advertised package.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)