One pillow or two?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole-Anne, no problem. he was absolutely fine with your pillows . I think it's usually when they are older,and get a bit dusty. Anyway yours were good ones. I prefer them too, so I enjoyed it as it's not often I get to sleep on them.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mouse..glad you've found your cat!! :lol:

Knightowl said
We have been renting for a couple of years now and no one has complained about pillows. I think in rental houses people don't expect hotel standards. They expect a nice clean house and nice clean linen but you just can't cater for everybody's everything.

Exactly...I am not providing "hotel standards"..but at the same time our villa is as good as a rental villa from a package holiday company! We've been renting for 3 years now and no one has complained about pillows either. We do have spare pillows for guest to use....but so far no one has bothered to use them..however, I still change the pillow cases to keep them 'fresh'!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Kayley and Crystal - thanks so much!

She's back to normal this morning - full of beans.
What is it about cats and trees? They manage to get up them but can't get down!? Although I think she was just scared.

Mouse
x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Can anyone explain Spanish pillows :?: [there much like a bolster but a bit shorter I think]We got them when we first furnished the houses with the bedroom package. :(

How the Spanish sleep on a double bed with them I dont know everytime one of us moved it woke the other up. :!:
The pillowcases are open at both ends as well[no foldy bit]

Needless to say Theyve all been replaced. Pillowcases[normal ones] are a bit awkward to get in Spain as well [apart from the British linen shops].
I suppose by normal I mean normal to us. :oops:

I do use pillow protectors & dont spend a lot on pillows so I replace them a lot.
My husband likes 2 pillows and I like about 1 and half [which isnt easy!]
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Can anyone explain Spanish pillows [there much like a bolster but a bit shorter I think]We got them when we first furnished the houses with the bedroom package.

How the Spanish sleep on a double bed with them I dont know everytime one of us moved it woke the other up.
The pillowcases are open at both ends as well[no foldy bit]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're lucky because we have a Dunnes Stores (Irish version of M&S), and I get all my linen, pillows and duvets from there...but I know what you mean about the Spanish pillows. When we first started renting I made the mistake of buying 'single' pillows and pillowcases from Carrefour, only to come home and find that they were a different size from the 'normal' UK ones...and the pillowcases had both ends open.

I suppose it's what we're used to...the Spanish probably think the UK pillows and cases are strange compared to theirs.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I got 70cms pillows from Hipersol which fit into UK pillowcases (I brought all my bedlinen from the UK) they're the smallest size they do.

My cleaner though, always leaves the end open as is the spanish way. I think it's just one of those things.