Pressed a wrong key - again! Help!

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

Pressed a wrong key - again! Help!

Post by pambon »

Oh heavens, back again with gmail problems.

This time I KNOW I have pressed a wrong key.

I was replying to a rare OD request and the address in the email of the enquirer required me to enter a lower_ in it. In doing so I have pressed something which has now changed the font size in the body of the email - it's slightly smaller and I almost have to squint to read what I'm writing. If I check out the font size on the gmail tool bar it gives me Normal which is correct (if I click on large it IS large and VERY bold type too).

Any suggestions on how to normalise this, please?

(When I copy and paste my Draft template into the body of the email it is fine. The font change seems to apply when typing new emails.)
tchn

Post by tchn »

I'm not a gmail user, but you may have just shrunk the text in the web browser (by pressing Ctrl and the - key). To restore that press Ctrl and the + key.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I suspect that tchn's answer is correct, but you could also look in gmail at the top right there is a cog wheel with a down arrow that drops down a menu. Select Settings in that drop down and scan for the option to change the Default text style. About half way down.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !