Toiletries and hotel supplies

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Greenacre

Toiletries and hotel supplies

Post by Greenacre »

Hi all, I remember somewhere on here reading a thread about toiletries and linen suppliers but I can't find it! I would like to find something nice to put in our holiday let bathrooms so if anyone has a great supplier, I would love to know! We have taken an inordinate length of time to get our let ready (had to deal in the meantime with our son's wedding when it was put to good use for all his wife's Dutch family and friends!!) but we are getting to the final bits now. Our website should be up and running in a couple of weeks and I am hoping that we will get a few odd bookings for the autumn and start taking some serious bookings for next year.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Here's a few, which should easily turn up with google:

Out of Eden - everything
Richard Haworth - bed linen, towels, bathrobes etc
Bath House - top notch toiletries. (On their website look at the very bottom for Trade and Hotel Enquiries tab then find their downloadable pricelist.)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Greenacre

Post by Greenacre »

Brilliant thanks! I clearly don't search correctly!!
mi casa

Post by mi casa »

+1 for Out Of Eden. This season we supplied their Cole & Lewis soaps and shower gel and they have been very well received by guests.
Would love to retire but can't so will have to keep doing the lottery!
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Hi i know this subject has been addressed many times on LMH with many out dated posts so i am re opening the question for some updated ideas

I currently use Cole & Lewis bergamot from Out of Eden, however i think it is time for a change
i currently offer the 300 ml handwash on the wall brackets + individual small shower gel or wrapped soap to compliment i don't want to offer shampoos lotions etc as sometimes you can have to much bathroom clutter and shampoo is i think a personal thing
Before i had the small individual shower gels 40-50ml I had the same type of 300 ml wall bracket in the showers but for the life of me why ! Guests used to pull them off the wall and also they were a “bugger” to clean so the small bottles seam to work .… But guests do like to take them home :)

so i am after ideas for the 2017 season , the hand wash works well on the brackets so need to fit a 300 ml bottle the individual shower gels i could replace them with nice soaps but i think they would have to complement the hand wash

O of E don't not seem to have plans to change the range for the near future so i can cross them off
i do not really want any personalised ( with my hotel name ) stuff

so has anyone found anything different and that would like to share the knowledge
it would have to be something that i could order online
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
Jenny C

White Company

Post by Jenny C »

I use White Company products which are gorgeous - from Pacific Direct as the White Company do not sell hotel toiletries directly. Would highly recommend.
http://www.pacificdirect.co.uk/
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Jenny
I looked at these as i love the white company and pacific direct have been bought by the german company ADA so i have e mailed them for details

The other thing i am considering is ditching the hotel products and look at a good quality hand made soap bar but i have to look in to the ingredients re allergies etc
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

Zur Alten Weinkelter

Jenny
I looked at these as i love the white company and pacific direct have been bought by the german company ADA so i have e mailed them for details

The other thing i am considering is ditching the hotel products and look at a good quality hand made soap bar but i have to look in to the ingredients re allergies etc