Loo rolls

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
edinburgh

Loo rolls

Post by edinburgh »

How many do you leave? I leave a full roll in the holder, and one spare.

However, we've just started receiving more guests from the US and Canada, and had a few calls asking where the toilet paper is.

I explain that the apartment is self catering, but I can't help noting the disappointment in the voices.

So - how many is reasonable? Do you decide based on number of guests, or number of bathrooms?
Marks

Post by Marks »

Here we go again :lol:

Try this extensive six page debate. Not sure there was a definitive outcome

viewtopic.php?t=23716
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
JanB

Post by JanB »

As has been mentioned there is a long thread but suffice it to say, I consider loo paper to be an essential commodity. Bearing in mind a pack of nine rolls is about £4, I personally feel it can look mean if you leave so few.

I leave one new one on the roll and at least four spare for my two bedroom sleeps 3 cottage.

Of course, there is no rule really but I certainly feel it looks bad in a fairly good standard property to be mean about it!
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Marks wrote:Try this extensive six page debate. Not sure there was a definitive outcome

viewtopic.php?t=23716
How did you manage to miss this epic thread, Edinburgh? It must have been while you were busy scamming scammers!
:lol: :lol:
tavi

Post by tavi »

You must be even more bored than usual Edinburgh...

:D :D :lol:
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

Oh gosh, that is quite a thread isn't it! How did I miss that?

I feel I need to apologise to my guests now - I said something to the effect of "Yes, there are two provided, as it's self catering - do you know where Tesco Express is".

:/

Bottle of wine, perhaps.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

No need for a bottle of wine. The consensus was split and it is self catering afterall!
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

That's what I said to the lady. She didn't complain, but did sound awfully disappointed.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

So long as you weren't rude, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you give her more with a bottle of wine it will make it worse by acknowledging you are in the wrong for not supplying enough to last the whole rental period (which you are not). Judging by the previous thread there is huge variations on how much we all provide, but most left a starter supply rather than a full quota.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Two per bathroom.
That's it.
No more.
No less.
Make sure the guests know that.
In advance.
End of discussion.
Yeah, right....... :roll:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Don't worry GB; nothing more to add. Don't lose any sleep over it Edinburgh. :D
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

My latest venture is Guestroll - a loo roll specifically designed for self-catering guests.
Coming to market very soon, it looks like any other quality loo roll; it's soft, white, and your guests' fingers won't go through it. :x
But it's special.
Twenty sheets from the end it's printed with "Did you remember to buy some more loo roll? Only 20 sheets left!"
The following sheets are printed with numbers descending from 19. Customised messages may be added at extra cost.
The last sheet is printed with the message "So which part of self-catering didn't you understand?"

Coming soon, just £3.00 a roll.
Pre-order now.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Bargain; when will you be accepting orders? I trust you will be extending this range to kitchen foil and kitchen roll and tissues?
tavi

Post by tavi »

In fact, I don't think it matters what we LMH-ers say. Or it does, but not as much as what your own guests say.

If the loo roll comment is something you're hearing frequently then I would see it as an opportunity to get more US and Canada guests (if you want 'em).

And put your prices up to cover the cost of loo rolls - (that's what I do anyway). :)
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

I've got to say, it's not something that I've heard from anyone other than North American guests. Perhaps I shall give them more loo rolls and reserve my normal niggardly rations for the rest of the world :D

PS, greenbarn, when are you accepting orders? :D